Should I Center the footbed? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Default Should I Center the footbed?

Should I try to adjust it so that the foot beds are centered on the board as well?

Took me some playing around to adjust my bindings so my boot was centered over the board with equal toe hang on both sides. But the foot beds/wedgies are offset towards the heel side now as a result.
ChiGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Does your gas pedal (toe ramp) not pull out? Those things are usually adjustable. If your boot is centered, but the ramps aren't, just adjust the ramps.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Does your gas pedal (toe ramp) not pull out? Those things are usually adjustable. If your boot is centered, but the ramps aren't, just adjust the ramps.
For my bindings the foot bed and toe ramp is one peice. So you adjust it as a whole unit.
ChiGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Alright, then it sounds like you will have to adjust the highbacks. You should be able to adjust your highbacks and move them back. So, center your bindings, unscrew the highbacks, and move them back.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Alright, then it sounds like you will have to adjust the highbacks. You should be able to adjust your highbacks and move them back. So, center your bindings, unscrew the highbacks, and move them back.
So I guess its important that my footbeds are centered on the board then.
ChiGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGGz View Post
So I guess its important that my footbeds are centered on the board then.
Yes. The purpose of the footbed is to give the contact points of your boot support for power on that particular edge. In your case, you will have less toe side response because the toe ramp is not on the toe-side edge.

You can certainly ride this way... it's just better to be centered.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
PanHandler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rathdrum, ID
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Yes. The purpose of the footbed is to give the contact points of your boot support for power on that particular edge. In your case, you will have less toe side response because the toe ramp is not on the toe-side edge.

You can certainly ride this way... it's just better to be centered.
This isnt always true though. you only want to pull your footbed out enough that the front of the footbed is still in contact with the bottom of your boot. A lot of boots curl up in the front and pulling your footbed all the way out is useless because it wont be in contact with your boot anyway.

I feel that having your boot centered is more important than having your footbed centered on the board.
PanHandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums