Back Leg Exhaustion. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
snowfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 144
Default Back Leg Exhaustion.

I just rode my new NS evo the other day for the first time and loveed it the only problem was my back leg (im regular so my right leg) got tired out very quickly and especially after a while of riding just standing in line for the park or some thing tired my leg out. Now my stance is 21 and a half inches apart with +15 -15 angles. now i think i just need to change the angles on my stance cause it just felt like my leg wanted to turn back more.
im think +18 -18? you guys got any ideas? and the stance width felt pretty natural.
snowfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default

id say try 15, -13 or so
going 18 on both seems pretty extreme thats seems like it'd cause more problems than you have now, but thats just a guess.
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
snowfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 144
Default

thanks for the help the threds got alot of views but you took the effort to post and help.
when i was riding it felt like my back leg wanted to go back more like at an angle and i think because it wouldnt bug it caused some strain. now my front foot/ leg felt fine and when i went switch my problem leg felt better but i didnt do enough switch to see if the same would happen again.
snowfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Inky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Posts: 145
Default

Take a little forward lean off your back binding, also try to ride more centered.
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
onji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sapporo
Posts: 167
Default

Like myschisms said +18 -18 sounds like it could be a bit extreme, but in all honesty if you feel you need to increase both angles, try it for a couple of runs and evaluate. If you dont like it just go to the board shop near the hill and readjust. Or if you've got some pocketsize tools just take 'em to the park.

Are you on new bindings as well? It might take you a few runs to get everything dialed in at the settings you like.

I've never got leg burn waiting in line at the park, but then again I'll probably strap out if I've got to a long wait, or if I'm slacking off.

I will get some good leg burn if I'm riding through chop or spending a lot of time in the pipe, but I'm a newb in the pipe so it might be bad technique (or the fact that I tend to hit the park at the end of the day).
onji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
borborygmii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfiend View Post
I just rode my new NS evo the other day for the first time and loveed it the only problem was my back leg (im regular so my right leg) got tired out very quickly and especially after a while of riding just standing in line for the park or some thing tired my leg out. Now my stance is 21 and a half inches apart with +15 -15 angles. now i think i just need to change the angles on my stance cause it just felt like my leg wanted to turn back more.
im think +18 -18? you guys got any ideas? and the stance width felt pretty natural.
do leg presses and elliptical in the gym also...build your leg strength way up. eventually you'll be able to ride several days straight solid on vacay and never get tired/sore, never feel any burn. your riding will become much more mental at that point.
borborygmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
racer357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 432
Default

I ride 21 - 18 without any issue. Give different angels a try, it only takes a few seconds and may bring big improvements to your comfort.
racer357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,713
Blog Entries: 225
Default

Remember that when you're doing reps, you're doing concentric and eccentric exercises. Holding your stance is an isometric exercise so it uses the muscles differently.

Ever do a horse stance? We had to do them in martial arts class, and my gym teacher in high school had a variation on it for punishment. You get your knees as wide apart as possible, thighs parallel to the floor, feet right under your knees, torso vertical. Now hold that. Most people can't manage 2 minutes. For black belt, you have to hold 20.

The point is, although any exercise is better than no exercise, gym exercise isn't necessarily helping a lot for holding that stance all the way down the run.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Remember that when you're doing reps, you're doing concentric and eccentric exercises. Holding your stance is an isometric exercise so it uses the muscles differently.

Ever do a horse stance? We had to do them in martial arts class, and my gym teacher in high school had a variation on it for punishment. You get your knees as wide apart as possible, thighs parallel to the floor, feet right under your knees, torso vertical. Now hold that. Most people can't manage 2 minutes. For black belt, you have to hold 20.

The point is, although any exercise is better than no exercise, gym exercise isn't necessarily helping a lot for holding that stance all the way down the run.
You sound like you took Tae Kwon Do

Try different angles. None of us can tell you what angles to try. Everyone is built differently. It's time to experiment. I've even seen regular riders put more angle on the rear foot than the front. Whatever works, works.

By the way, don't be so bent on being mirrored duck. I was like that for a while and landed on 18/-13. I'm never looking back. Didn't affect my switch that much at all. Just have to rotate my head just a little more to look forward. I'm talking just a slight.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,713
Blog Entries: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
You sound like you took Tae Kwon Do
TKD and Kung Fu. BOTH required horse for belt test. Yeesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
By the way, don't be so bent on being mirrored duck. I was like that for a while and landed on 18/-13. I'm never looking back. Didn't affect my switch that much at all. Just have to rotate my head just a little more to look forward. I'm talking just a slight.
Yeah, I'm at 15/-9. I think a lot of people have something like that. It's close enough to duck for the occasional switch work while still giving you a stance that won't strain you when riding normal.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums