NXT-AT are they stiffer than SPi - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 117
Default NXT-AT are they stiffer than SPi

Has anyone ridden both this year's NXT-AT and last year's SPi?
Will the Flow NXT-AT be as stiff as the Ride SPi, because if it is I'll go with the M9 or Fives instead.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AcroPhile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 922
Default

Idk about the Ride bindings but if you are concerned about the NXT-AT's being too stiff, then you should consider the NXT-ATSE bindings. They are half a point less stiff on their 5 point stiffness scale. The NXT's are their top of the line bindings. The M9's or Fives would be a bit of a downgrade.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,311
Default

I don't know why the "flex number" changes from Reg to SE. If anything it's stiffer.

AT's felt kinda between SPi's and Deltas to me. Then the SE's were right around the Alpha.

All that said, I weigh 145lbs. M9's are plenty for me, might not be for you.

Weight? Riding style? Board?
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AcroPhile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I don't know why the "flex number" changes from Reg to SE. If anything it's stiffer.

AT's felt kinda between SPi's and Deltas to me. Then the SE's were right around the Alpha.

All that said, I weigh 145lbs. M9's are plenty for me, might not be for you.

Weight? Riding style? Board?
They are not stiffer. If you take a look at the SE's (both FSE and ATSE) you will see that they are missing a small plastic piece on the sides where the highback, base and cable meet. This makes them slightly lighter but also slightly less stiff than their non SE counterparts.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpin View Post
Has anyone ridden both this year's NXT-AT and last year's SPi?
Will the Flow NXT-AT be as stiff as the Ride SPi, because if it is I'll go with the M9 or Fives instead.
I have not ridden last years SPI, but I have 2010 NRC's which are slightly less stiff than SPI. I think my NXT-AT's feel much stiffer than NRCs.
pencap75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I don't know why the "flex number" changes from Reg to SE. If anything it's stiffer.

AT's felt kinda between SPi's and Deltas to me. Then the SE's were right around the Alpha.

All that said, I weigh 145lbs. M9's are plenty for me, might not be for you.

Weight? Riding style? Board?
I'm 140lbs, ride all mountain freeride but getting into freestyle, I have a 2010 TRS 151 with 2010 SPis.
I ride mostly blacks now and the SPi was getting too hard for me when it's hard pack. The ankle strap was also annoying that it just chokes my ankle when I crank it down.

From what I've read here, most recommend the NXT-AT for it's aluminum base and hardly found anyone raving about M9s at all. I found a pair of used M9SEs locally so I went with those just to get my feet wet with these types of binding since these are going to be my first flows.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroPhile View Post
They are not stiffer. If you take a look at the SE's (both FSE and ATSE) you will see that they are missing a small plastic piece on the sides where the highback, base and cable meet. This makes them slightly lighter but also slightly less stiff than their non SE counterparts.
My buddy Jordan traded his AT's for ATSE's cause they were stiffer. That plastic piece does nothing structurally.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 04-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpin View Post
I'm 140lbs, ride all mountain freeride but getting into freestyle, I have a 2010 TRS 151 with 2010 SPis.
I ride mostly blacks now and the SPi was getting too hard for me when it's hard pack. The ankle strap was also annoying that it just chokes my ankle when I crank it down.

From what I've read here, most recommend the NXT-AT for it's aluminum base and hardly found anyone raving about M9s at all. I found a pair of used M9SEs locally so I went with those just to get my feet wet with these types of binding since these are going to be my first flows.
M9's for me are enough and you're a little lighter than I. You might be just fine with them. I was gonna say M11 just cause the strap is a little stiffer. I think for your weight the AT's will feel similar if not stiffer than SPi's.




I need to stop double posting.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AcroPhile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
My buddy Jordan traded his AT's for ATSE's cause they were stiffer. That plastic piece does nothing structurally.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just quoting info off their website.
AcroPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums