K2 vs. Flux bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
K2 vs. Flux bindings

So I have a Capita Green machine 156 and I'm trying to decide which bindings to get. I really just want bindings that will be for bombing slopes and carving, yet I can go to the park and theyll be very responsive and good. I've done a lot of research but I can't decide. Right now I'm deciding between:
•K2 Hurrithanes
•K2 National
•Flux tt30 or
•Flux rk30

Any advice??

Also I'm 5"11 and wear a size 10.5 boot.
Alfredcohen95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
CMSbored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Laramie, WYO
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i would also throw in there the k2 auto uprises and the formulas. i use my autos for everything from pow to park to hard charging.
CMSbored is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,698
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
On the GM, probably Nationals. I think all but the Hurrithanes are a good choice for that deck though. I think you'll find yourself wanting more binding than hurrithanes on the GM.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends

Last edited by Nivek; 09-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Nivek is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So you like the auto system? It's really secure and nicer than the two crank system?
Alfredcohen95 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
On the GM, probably Nationals. I think all but the Hurrithanes are a good choice for that deck though. I think you'll find yourself wanting more binding with them on the GM.

Oh you think so? Have you tried the Nationals out? They look pretty nice, I just don't know how well the auto system works.
Alfredcohen95 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
CMSbored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Laramie, WYO
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredcohen95 View Post
Oh you think so? Have you tried the Nationals out? They look pretty nice, I just don't know how well the auto system works.
the auto system works really good once you figure out what you need to do. its easy in and out if you figure out how to move your feet. it holds really tight or really loose and everywhere in between, however you want to ride them.
CMSbored is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,698
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Be prepared to play with the Auto stap to get it to fit right if you don't go to a shop that knows them well. I have experience with it and can set it up at a Demo in a minute, but they take some practice to get right quickly. They work, they give a little play, maybe 2-3mm, between the toestrap and heelstrap giving with the floating cable deal. K2 straps don't agree with my feet, but don't take that for anything as I've met noone yet that has the same problem as me. I have very odd obnoxious feet.

Auto's are good, and the Nationals have harshmellow which is possibly the greatest invention for snowboarding for your knees in recent history (I prefer Raiden airbags, they're a little bit less damp but more "energetic" if that makes sense. From Raiden you'd like the Zero's).

I think K2 ratchets are the best on the market.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSbored View Post
the auto system works really good once you figure out what you need to do. its easy in and out if you figure out how to move your feet. it holds really tight or really loose and everywhere in between, however you want to ride them.
It sounds really nice and my local ski/ snowboard shop is getting some in next week so I think I'll go and check them out and see how I like 'em.
Alfredcohen95 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Be prepared to play with the Auto stap to get it to fit right if you don't go to a shop that knows them well. I have experience with it and can set it up at a Demo in a minute, but they take some practice to get right quickly. They work, they give a little play, maybe 2-3mm, between the toestrap and heelstrap giving with the floating cable deal. K2 straps don't agree with my feet, but don't take that for anything as I've met noone yet that has the same problem as me. I have very odd obnoxious feet.

Auto's are good, and the Nationals have harshmellow which is possibly the greatest invention for snowboarding for your knees in recent history (I prefer Raiden airbags, they're a little bit less damp but more "energetic" if that makes sense. From Raiden you'd like the Zero's).

I think K2 ratchets are the best on the market.
Yeah I'm leaning more towards the nationals at this point. The auto sounds like it works really well, it just needs to be adjusted right and I like the harshmellow fersure. The canter footbed is a plus also.

Oh the raiden zeros actually look like a nice alternative also.
My local ski shop really was trying to convince me to get flux's though, I think the nationals would better suit my needs though.
Alfredcohen95 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,698
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
The straps not fitting me right are the only thing on K2's that keep me from them. I don't recommend them enough.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome