Rome Arsenal Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Smile Rome Arsenal Bindings

Hi, this is my second year snowboarding, and currently i have some really bad Dub bindings that came with the Capita board i bought. So i figure its time to upgrade. I found some used Rome Aresenal bindings for 100 dollars on kijiji and was wondering if thats a good deal. I looked at some reviews but im still super confused about some bindings being good for just park, or powder and such.

I just want to cruise the mountain and hopefully start learning some park this year.
Will these bindings be ok>

Thanks guys!
Tst-978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Chef Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tst-978 View Post
Hi, this is my second year snowboarding, and currently i have some really bad Dub bindings that came with the Capita board i bought. So i figure its time to upgrade. I found some used Rome Aresenal bindings for 100 dollars on kijiji and was wondering if thats a good deal. I looked at some reviews but im still super confused about some bindings being good for just park, or powder and such.

I just want to cruise the mountain and hopefully start learning some park this year.
Will these bindings be ok>

Thanks guys!
The Arsenals are Rome stiffest bindings and are more Freeride orientated. There are better options if you want to start getting into the park.
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Default

What kind of bindings would you suggest? And what price range are we looking at? I can probably spend up to 200 cause i figur ei better put some decent money into it and keep em for awhile
Tst-978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Chef Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tst-978 View Post
What kind of bindings would you suggest? And what price range are we looking at? I can probably spend up to 200 cause i figur ei better put some decent money into it and keep em for awhile
You probably want something a little less stiffer and more all mountain. For up to $200 you'll be able to find something. I don't have as much experience with gear as some other members so I am going not going to make a suggestion.... be patient and I'm sure some one that has ridden more gear will chime in with some recommendations.
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jer View Post
You probably want something a little less stiffer and more all mountain. For up to $200 you'll be able to find something. I don't have as much experience with gear as some other members so I am going not going to make a suggestion.... be patient and I'm sure some one that has ridden more gear will chime in with some recommendations.
Haha, kk thanks for the help ya have given, have a good snowboarding season!
Tst-978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
Default

The Arsenal's highback looks identical to the highback on my older pair of 390's. I emailed Rome last season asking about it and they said the Targa would be a more responsive/stiffer binding if adjusted correctly, even though their website shows the Arsenal being stiffer. If this is actually the case and the Arsenal is anything like my old school 390's then they will be awesome all-around/park bindings. However, I have not ridden the Arsenals, so I cannot comment on them from experience--I would love to hear from somebody who has ridden all three bindings.

Last edited by SnowBum; 10-31-2011 at 01:49 AM.
SnowBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

If you are looking to stick with a rome binding im sure the 390 boss' will be a good choice, i have ridden them and while they are a bit soft for me (i weigh about 265lbs) they might be perfect for someone who is lighter, they are carzy comfy, i mean crazy. I now rock the targas and swear by them. If you dont care about brands there are heaps of options, alot of people love the burton cartels and i have heard they are really good also. Im sure some of the flow would be sweet aswell alot of people on here love them.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
romesnowboards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterbury, VT
Posts: 78
Default

Hey Tst-978,

The Arsenals are definitely a good pair of bindings to get started off with. They are freeride oriented since they're more responsive than something like a pair of 390's, so they'll slay all-mountain riding for sure, but still can preform well in the park. They've also got a more responsive ankle strap when compared to something like the 390.

The 390's are more of a mid-flexing binding, with a more comfortable gel ankle strap and asymmetrical highback for better energy transfer. The stiffness of the strap and highback combined is what we use to determine their flex ratings. With a softer binding, it's more dialed in for freeride because they're easier to tweak and manipulate. The VROD baseplate in both the Targa and 390 make them much lighter than the Arsenal.

As far as the Targas, they are basically an all-in-one package deal. You get the responsiveness of the AntiShock highback coupled with the adjustability of the PF Adjust Ankle strap. This allows 3 levels of flex - soft, medium, and stiff.

If you've got any other questions on bindings definitely hit us up via email, always happy to help get people on the right gear - ridercouncil at romesnowboards dot com.

Shred on
Rome SDS
__________________
www.romesnowboards.com

For the latest SDS updates follow Rome on Twitter and Facebook.
romesnowboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
If you are looking to stick with a rome binding im sure the 390 boss' will be a good choice, i have ridden them and while they are a bit soft for me (i weigh about 265lbs) they might be perfect for someone who is lighter, they are carzy comfy, i mean crazy. I now rock the targas and swear by them. If you dont care about brands there are heaps of options, alot of people love the burton cartels and i have heard they are really good also. Im sure some of the flow would be sweet aswell alot of people on here love them.
I only weight 160, and am 5 9 so im sure this sounds good, Il look into it some more thanks for your help, and il post back in once ive researched a bit more, thanks!

and yeah im not only looking at rome guys, that was jsut an option il look into burton and maybe k2, and others.
Tst-978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums