Jib bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default Jib bindings

I'm looking for excellent bindings to go along with my pure jib setup. So far I have a 2011 Skate Banana and 2012 Vans Andreas Wiig boots. Can anyone suggest some good bindings to go along with my pure jib setup? I have been looking at the Union Contact and Contact Pros, but I don't see the difference between the two. Also, would Rome 390 Bosses be any good for jibbing setups? Any other suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you!
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Flux.......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Flux.......
Oh I forgot about those..Are they good? What are your experiences with them?
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,345
Default

Union flight or force. I've been on my Force for 5 seasons now and I haven't found anything I've liked better. But I did have to get a toe strap upgrade. But Union revamped it this year so it may be better.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Union flight or force. I've been on my Force for 5 seasons now and I haven't found anything I've liked better. But I did have to get a toe strap upgrade. But Union revamped it this year so it may be better.
I hear the Forces are better all mountain because they're a bit stiffer. Are you sure they're good for pure jibs?
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

They are really flexible. 390 are more of an all mountain bindings. They aren't a pure jib binding. I haven't heard a lot about them, but the little I did was pretty good. I don't think many people ride them, there may be a reason for that, there may not. Do you have your boots yet?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
They are really flexible. 390 are more of an all mountain bindings. They aren't a pure jib binding. I haven't heard a lot about them, but the little I did was pretty good. I don't think many people ride them, there may be a reason for that, there may not. Do you have your boots yet?
Yup I bought my boots like two weeks ago. And did you mean you haven't heard a lot about the 390? Those are actually the bindings I'm using right now, but they're 2009.
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,816
Default

Nah, the Flux. Not a whole lot of people ride them I think. I would make sure it fits your boots first. Stiffer bindings can be just as good as flexible. It's what you like, I like stiffer bindings for jibbing so you can really get strong presses and manipulate your board.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Nah, the Flux. Not a whole lot of people ride them I think. I would make sure it fits your boots first. Stiffer bindings can be just as good as flexible. It's what you like, I like stiffer bindings for jibbing so you can really get strong presses and manipulate your board.
Yea, I was planning on getting suggestions on what bindings and then going into the boardshop with my boots.
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

So it looks like the Union Flite, Contact Pro, and Contacts are my choices. I just need to figure which one is best for jibs..
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums