I've wanted to try and make cant pads for my TT30s for a while now and finally got around to doing it. I wanted to address the issues too of the TT30 not having enough padding along the base. I've seen a few threads in here asking about it and I thought mine turned out pretty good so I figured I'd show the steps and results.
First I bought that 2mm craft foam and art store, 8 sheets.
I had some old gel heel cups laying around that I used to use in my work shoes and figured they might come in handy.
I peeled the middle gel out, the part that is under the heel is a little bit stiffer than the rest of the gel.
I overlapped three pieces of the foam, 1-inch overlap each. that overlapping seemed to give my size Large bindings the best gradual cant.
I placed the heel pad right in the middle of where it will sit in the binding and glued everything in place with foam glue and let it sit overnight.
Then over all of that I glues another foam sheet on top of that, so the gel heel pad is kind of sandwiched in between the foam and let that dry.
In the meantime I used a piece of paper and put it in the binding and creased the paper along the edges so I'd have a stencil of the footbed of the binding.
I cut that paper stencil out and placed it right on top of the glued pieces of foam right where I wanted it so that the heel pad would be in the correct spot and traced it with a pen.
Then I just cut the foam right along the trace marks.
I picked up some pretty strong low profile velcro to attach the cant pad to the binding.
Three pads on the binding and the foam cant pad leaves me with this.
Place it in the foot bed and you have a full footbed cant with a gel heel support.
I put my boots on and tested it out and feels awesome. Hopefully it will hold up in the snow. I'll update this once my mountain opens up and I can actually ride them. I have no idea what degree cant it is but it seems like just enough for my stance width.