Best 2012 rear entry Bindings Flow vs Gnu vs K2? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
View Poll Results: Which Is the Best Rear Entry binder for 2012?
Flow NXT 49 55.06%
Gnu Fastec's 18 20.22%
K2 Cinch 16 17.98%
Other 6 6.74%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the low end Flow Trilogy because that's what I could afford. I have been happy with them. That being said, the NXT must be phenomenal.
Danger Mouse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been riding Flow NXT for 3 years, very happy. Tried others, although Flow NXT are my favorite. I am an intermediate rider.
cobia5 is offline  
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
love my K2 CTX especially because I got them for $120 last season. They are better than the Flows because you can use them also as a regular binding. I could not find the GNU back then, and of course I would never pay full price for brand new whateva. Always wait one season, wait for discounts, get the deal, save a bunch and pay the season pass with that.

K2 rocks!

2015/16 -9- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is online now  
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
FacePlant4Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East Coast, PA
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just found this and figured it would be a good addition to this thread... it is a snowboardermag.com review and ranks of the top rear entry bindings for 2012.

Alpine Lab Product Reviews: Best Speed-Entry Bindings | Snowboarder Magazine

GNU mutants finished #1 - ahead of the Flow NXT

... and they are like 100$ less. just saying

Park Pickle / GNU Chice

1
FacePlant4Free is offline  
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:21 PM
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have been riding flow NXT AT for 2 seasons and they are a good binding. The biggest problem I find with flows is getting your foot kicked in hard enough to avoid the heel catching as you lift the highback. It is a fine line between having the binding tight enough and actually being able to get your foot in.
I have just purchased to SP fastec "mountain" bindings. Firstly they are LIGHT, featherweight actually +1. Then there is the flip up buckle that gives you the much needed room within the binding straps when trying to lift the highback +2. In my opinion flow has been outdone as fastec has addressed the main issue that I have with flows. The fastec just needs to withstand the durability test now.
ETM is offline  
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
love my K2 CTX especially because I got them for $120 last season. They are better than the Flows because you can use them also as a regular binding. I could not find the GNU back then, and of course I would never pay full price for brand new whateva. Always wait one season, wait for discounts, get the deal, save a bunch and pay the season pass with that.

K2 rocks!
You can use Flows like normal bindings as long as you have one from the past three or four years. The SE models take this aspect a step further.

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePlant4Free View Post
just found this and figured it would be a good addition to this thread... it is a snowboardermag.com review and ranks of the top rear entry bindings for 2012.

Alpine Lab Product Reviews: Best Speed-Entry Bindings | Snowboarder Magazine

GNU mutants finished #1 - ahead of the Flow NXT

... and they are like 100$ less. just saying
Magazine reviews are bought and paid for... just sayin

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I have been riding flow NXT AT for 2 seasons and they are a good binding. The biggest problem I find with flows is getting your foot kicked in hard enough to avoid the heel catching as you lift the highback. It is a fine line between having the binding tight enough and actually being able to get your foot in.
I have just purchased to SP fastec "mountain" bindings. Firstly they are LIGHT, featherweight actually +1. Then there is the flip up buckle that gives you the much needed room within the binding straps when trying to lift the highback +2. In my opinion flow has been outdone as fastec has addressed the main issue that I have with flows. The fastec just needs to withstand the durability test now.
I have the AT's on one of my boards. I have heel problems on the AT's, but not with the FSE's. I looked closer and found why.

The AT's have a plastic/composite highback which is wider than the FSE aluminum. Therefore it is narrower in the pivot point and heel area and caused the grief. I'm waiting on Flow to finish getting the rest of the parts and I'm upgrading my AT highbacks to aluminum like on my FSE's.
Casper is offline  
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Ryan_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using the 2006 Flow NXT-FS for 5 years. Absolutely love it.

Also, when one of the ladders broke (my fault), Flow gave me a whole new set of ladders with new hardware (screws, bolts) without warranty and no questions asked. Great customer service.

Ryan - flickr

Last edited by Ryan_T; 12-26-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Ryan_T is offline  
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I rode Flow Quattro SE's all last year. This year I wanted to try something a little different so I bought the GNU Choice binding and I couldnt be any happier. I just got back from Vermont and rode the GNU's all week except for the last day. I rode the Flow's the last day and after half way through the day I went back and got my GNU Danny Kass board with my GNU bindings. I just sold my Flow's on ebay after I got back because I was very pleased with the GNU's. I can make the GNU's tighter then the flows and they dont hurt my feet. The high back is also nicer on the GNU's. I hope this helps.
theninemilly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome