What size of binding should i get? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What size of binding should i get?

Hi everyone, im looking for free ride snowboard bindings. Preferably, I'd like something thats responsive and can handle quick turns , carving, speeding down etc. I board im using at the moment is a Lib Tech TRice Pro C2BTX HP (157). Lib techs site says this board has a flex rating of 7ish, so slightly on the stiffer side. The boot i am using is a K2 BOA size 10. Id suppose i need a stiff binding if i want it to accommodate my board and my need of responsiveness, any suggestions is appreciation! Freestyle/ park ride is definitely at the bottom of my list, Im 90% carving, speeding down, freee riding! So again something responsive, and stable at high speeds.

Level of experience: intermediate to advanced
Boot: K2 Raider Boa Size 10
Board: Lib Tech TRice Pro C2BTX HP (157)- 7/10 flex rating
Board Width: 25.8cm

Ive had a few bindings in mind for a free- riding style. FLux SF45, Rome Targas, Union Force SL, but Im leaning towards the Targa as it seems to suit my riding style.
So heres my question, with the current variables, should i be looking a stiff or med stiff binding ? Id appreciate any reccomendations that may fit the bill! Cheers

Last edited by limeoasis; 12-27-2011 at 09:47 AM.
limeoasis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
oefdevilvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would need more information to give you a certain answer, primarily what model boot do you have because K2 makes a lot of different Boa style laced boots and they don't all fit every binding the same way, and your experience level(beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.) as well as riding style because freeride isn't very descriptive, what is you preferred/most common terrain.

When I was in the Army I knew a man who had 3 rules about sex, one of them was "quantity not quality". I really regret not asking him what 200 pound twins would classify as.
oefdevilvet is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Veteran Member
 
WasatchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hit your local shop with your boots and strap in man!
WasatchMan is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefdevilvet View Post
I would need more information to give you a certain answer, primarily what model boot do you have because K2 makes a lot of different Boa style laced boots and they don't all fit every binding the same way, and your experience level(beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.) as well as riding style because freeride isn't very descriptive, what is you preferred/most common terrain.
Hey there thanks for the reply. I have the k2 raider boa. My riding level is intermediate to advanced; i dont do park , i just like carving and bombing down the hill. Im now reconsidering the forces because it may not be stiff enough for me, i want something that can respond to quick turns and etc. maybe you could offer me some suggestions?
limeoasis is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
 
Riley212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Seattle
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
get the m/l. i have size 10 boots and got the l/xl and had to adjust everything to its smallest setting. and the binding base stuck off the side of my board. l/xl is for people who will need a wide board.
Riley212 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
get the m/l. i have size 10 boots and got the l/xl and had to adjust everything to its smallest setting. and the binding base stuck off the side of my board. l/xl is for people who will need a wide board.
I have a 25.8 cm wide board, is tht considered wide?
limeoasis is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bump! need some expert advice and suggestions!
limeoasis is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 12:01 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
oefdevilvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's what I needed to know.

Since it sounds like your still kind of learning the ropes, the Forces might work for you, it might be nice to have a little forgiveness, and it is a good binding. 25.8 is kind of boarderline to a wide board but most marketed wide boards in my experience are over 26, but that is irrelevant here. For your style of riding and your size, if you buy the Forces, get the M/L.

However, you brought up a good point with the flex rating, if you want more response, I would definitely look for a stiffer binding. If you want suggestions, Rome Targa, Ride El Hefe, Flow NXT(maybe, haven't tested myself), Flux DMCC(another I have not tested but heard good things about), I would also say stay away from Burton as their overall quality is uneven from year to year, and 4 people I know have had broken toe straps.

Anyone else here have suggestions?

When I was in the Army I knew a man who had 3 rules about sex, one of them was "quantity not quality". I really regret not asking him what 200 pound twins would classify as.
oefdevilvet is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefdevilvet View Post
That's what I needed to know.

Since it sounds like your still kind of learning the ropes, the Forces might work for you, it might be nice to have a little forgiveness, and it is a good binding. 25.8 is kind of boarderline to a wide board but most marketed wide boards in my experience are over 26, but that is irrelevant here. For your style of riding and your size, if you buy the Forces, get the M/L.

However, you brought up a good point with the flex rating, if you want more response, I would definitely look for a stiffer binding. If you want suggestions, Rome Targa, Ride El Hefe, Flow NXT(maybe, haven't tested myself), Flux DMCC(another I have not tested but heard good things about), I would also say stay away from Burton as their overall quality is uneven from year to year, and 4 people I know have had broken toe straps.

Anyone else here have suggestions?
hey thanks for the suggestions I greatly appreciate it, if i do get a stiffer binding, what are the issues associated with using a medium flex boot with it?
limeoasis is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
oefdevilvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You wouldn't lose any control really, it would probably just be a little more forgiving in the turns, which you might want. But if you plan to charge down the hill you might want a stiffer boot, because a medium flex boot might not give you enough support at high speeds.

When I was in the Army I knew a man who had 3 rules about sex, one of them was "quantity not quality". I really regret not asking him what 200 pound twins would classify as.
oefdevilvet is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome