Eventhough I did not get the ideal outcome, I was extremely pleased with Burton's consumer support!
This is going off topic, but I bought a Burton T6 on an end of season deal at the end of the 2009/2010 season. Mounted the bindings, took it out for a day and the pads on the board service at the toes and heels (a sort of high denisty foam in the board surface itself) started to peel away from the topsheet. It was a very minor flaw, and only cosmetic, but I sent the board into Burton anyway to see what they'd say.
A couple weeks later my new T7 arrived in the mail!
Despite all the negativity about the big B, in the one dealing I've had with their customer service, I was impressed. Now I'm trying to see if it's possible (and what they'd charge) to repair the topsheet on the same T7. It was damaged when I moved out to Alberta...
I have an adjustable screwdriver with a handle that folds in half so you can use it as a rachet.
After tightening as much as I can with the screwdriver straight up, I fold the handle to get more leverage/torgue and can easily get another 1/4 to half turn....more if I wanted to. Never had a problem with burton's channel.
If loctite isn't doing the job, then I suggest you request replacement parts. Burton will happily send you extra ICS parts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Reviews and David Z's rants To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Going snowboarding tonight, it will be nice and cold (for this area anyway). I bought a new screwdriver that may help. The dakine torque wrench with the sort of t-shaped handle. I got an extra 1 full turn on my screws compared to my stubby craftsman screwdriver from my garage. I'll let you know if the slip.
I went Sunday and today (Monday) and they didn't slip at all. That extra one turn is all it took to my bindings firmly in place. I didn't touch them at all so no re-tightening on the hill. So it was basically operator error . You really gotta crank those suckers down though. I'll probably call Burton for another set of the hardware anyway which has apparently changed since I've gotten mine.