Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Targa or Cartel??
I've read all the Targa/Cartel threads on this forum and I think I have a decent picture of the differences between the 2 bindings, but I have a couple things I need some feedback on. I just started getting back into boarding after a 8 year neglect period and picked up a set of K2 Cinch bindings which I hate. The whole "quick release" thing is only a quick and easy task maybe 80% of the time, the other 20% makes me want to shoot myself in the face. So this is what I need to know about the Targas/Cartels
- as far as pure comfort goes, which one is the king. I want a ankle strap that I can't feel, I don't want any pressure points at all...pure comfort
- ratchets? I want the best, smoothest ratchets out there
- canted footbeds.... never tried em, and I want em... but I want the best, most comfortable ones of course.
- I keep reading about the Targas having problems with the paint chipping off the highbacks, is this problem long gone? does it exist on the 2012 bindings?
- I keep reading about how customizable the Targas are, but are they too customizable? too many parts? do I need a engineering background to set these up?
These bindings are going on my 2012 T.Rice Pro 157, I doubt they will ever see a park (feel too old to hang out in the parks these days). I like going fast, I like riding in the trees, I love the powder when I can find it.
thanks... oh yeah, I need to buy these tomorrow or maybe the next day, so I need to make up my mind pretty quick.