Flow Binding 2013 Q & A - Page 36 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #351 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Nitro Team Size 8, this is only happening with the Flows, I think because I had the toe strap too tight and so the boot can't slide forward anymore... so when the highback flips up, it pushes in the back of the boot (shoving my foot forward).
Something odd there. I am not liking that it sounds like there is room for forward movement inside the boot.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #352 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Something odd there. I am not liking that it sounds like there is room for forward movement inside the boot.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
There isn't room in the boot - thats why my toes are getting sore from by pushed into front of the boot. I'm 100% sure these boots fit me well as I have spent nearly a decade trying to find a pair that worked for me (I have even worned the same model boot a half-size smaller).

Let's keep the focus on the FLOW bindings. Go back and look at the video I posted... you can see as I tighten the strap (around 45 seconds), the boot no longer slides forward as much... so when the highback flips up, it pushes IN the back of my boot, buckling it a little bit (throughout the video you can see the "imprint" of the highback on the back of my boot). That's what I'm talking about.

lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #353 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
There isn't room in the boot - thats why my toes are getting sore from by pushed into front of the boot. I'm 100% sure these boots fit me well as I have spent nearly a decade trying to find a pair that worked for me (I have even worned the same model boot a half-size smaller).

Let's keep the focus on the FLOW bindings. Go back and look at the video I posted... you can see as I tighten the strap (around 45 seconds), the boot no longer slides forward as much... so when the highback flips up, it pushes IN the back of my boot, buckling it a little bit (throughout the video you can see the "imprint" of the highback on the back of my boot). That's what I'm talking about.

Hi,

I looked at that. At 45 seconds that would be considered a very loose fit. That level of thightening should not be causing internal discomfort. You had asked if discomfort from tightening was common and at that level of tightening I would answer that it is not common.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #354 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi,

I looked at that. At 45 seconds that would be considered a very loose fit. That level of thightening should not be causing internal discomfort. You had asked if discomfort from tightening was common and at that level of tightening I would answer that it is not common.
Right, I was surprised that I was getting the internal discomfort despite still having the straps be so loose. I think the key is keeping the toestrap looser than I expected to let the boot slide in fully.

When watching the video at around 0:45, can you see the highback is pushing in the back of the boot (slightly crumpling it)? I had the strap a lot tighter on the mountain and the effect was much more noticeable. As I mentioned before you can still see the indentations in the heel area of my boot from the Flow highback.

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited by lonerider; 01-16-2013 at 08:37 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #355 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,211
Default

Loosen the strap and add forward lean.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #356 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Loosen the strap and add forward lean.
Which strap, the ankle or the toestrap (or both?)
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #357 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Which strap, the ankle or the toestrap (or both?)
Both.

The new dual component highback really needs to sit flush with your boot more than the ones in the past. If it doesn't the bottom of the back panel digs into your boot like yours is.

Add forward lean and adjust again.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #358 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Hi guys,

i did read almost all of the Flow postings here; and got lil confused

have boots size 8, (Salomon Synapse Boa), and want to get new bindings NX2-SE - was thinking for size Large, and now im confused -should i get Mediums ??
I tested Salomon size 9 in store with this binding, and dont think there was noticeble space in between...

(my Salomon size 8 measure 4.5 inch at the largest part...)

what would you advice?

thanks
Longin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #359 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Hi Longin, I wear a size 8 boot and I have the NX2 SEs in size L.Been riding at Whistler for the past 2 weeks - No issues with loose space or not being snug. These bindings are ridiculous....freaking love them. The toe strap seems loose when you kick in but no noticeable effect and once you lock the high back all is good to go.
tatoslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #360 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Backcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 267
Default

They look pretty cool!
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums