Flow Binding 2013 Q & A - Page 51 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #501 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
just got my nx2-se's and my focus hylite boots.....ups just dropped them off at my door can't wait to give then a run
ups just dropped my rs's off. It took me awhile to get them set up. Cant wait till i get to try them out out next next week along with my venture odin :>
mr_____awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #502 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Default

What is the front strap issue? I just bought some five se 2013 bindings, and I'm wondering if this affects me?
stark6935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #503 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark6935 View Post
What is the front strap issue? I just bought some five se 2013 bindings, and I'm wondering if this affects me?
When you have the buckle in the lock position is should not move. People are accidentally kicking the front toe strap while skating. When they kick it, the buckle tightens. You don't notice it until you go to strap in the next run.

Mine will do this but I skate 99.9 percent with my foot behind the board. I have yet to accidentally tighten the buckle.
supham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #504 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 7
Default

I got Flow Talon 2013/14 boots size 10.5 and NX2-AT size L

The back of the binding is very narrow (where the NASTY joints are) When coming in I cant go straightly from back, have to step in from top.

It actually damages the Flow Talon shoes - there are rubbed spots from the outside of the shoes 0.5 cm in diameter where the shoes touches the joints. the black textile is rubbed you can see white inner part.

Do I have set the bindings bad, as it does not seems to or its just a bad boots/binding combo.

To be honest so far the damage is just visual and it seems to not get any worse. But its strange to see this issue from top products from same company
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #505 (permalink)
t21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mt.
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I got Flow Talon 2013/14 boots size 10.5 and NX2-AT size L

The back of the binding is very narrow (where the NASTY joints are) When coming in I cant go straightly from back, have to step in from top.

It actually damages the Flow Talon shoes - there are rubbed spots from the outside of the shoes 0.5 cm in diameter where the shoes touches the joints. the black textile is rubbed you can see white inner part.

Do I have set the bindings bad, as it does not seems to or its just a bad boots/binding combo.

To be honest so far the damage is just visual and it seems to not get any worse. But its strange to see this issue from top products from same company
Not sure why your boot does it cuz I though that flow boots should have no issues with the bindings I do have that issue with mine and I have a 32 Focus boa boots sz.10 I'm used to slipping in from the top but once in a while I'd step in from the back and it gets stuck, it is annoying but I just laugh when it happens. not really have any damage on my boot but scuff marks and its no big deal. I won't trade my bindings for anything
__________________
2011 Ride Antic 163
2011 Status Focus 158
NX2-AT
FUSE-AT
t21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #506 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 352
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Did you move the high backs back one notch like in video I did that on my nx2 se
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #507 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
crazyhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Default

I was using a set of fuse se today for the first time and I was having an issues with the toe cap moving down every time i kicked in. I had to loosen it up move it over my toe and then tighten it down like a normal binding... Is this normal?
crazyhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #508 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mikeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhair View Post
I was using a set of fuse se today for the first time and I was having an issues with the toe cap moving down every time i kicked in. I had to loosen it up move it over my toe and then tighten it down like a normal binding... Is this normal?
Have you flipped and switched straps yet? If not, give that a try. Left to right and right to left.
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #509 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 352
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supham View Post
When you have the buckle in the lock position is should not move. People are accidentally kicking the front toe strap while skating. When they kick it, the buckle tightens. You don't notice it until you go to strap in the next run.

Mine will do this but I skate 99.9 percent with my foot behind the board. I have yet to accidentally tighten the buckle.
I did not see this issue, but I did have the buckle on the toe strap come open a lot today. This is the non ratchet lock. Called flow and they are sending me a replacement buckle. Let's hope that solves it. Other than that issue, these are definitely the best rear entry binding I have tried. Have the k2 cinch ctx and just sent back the gnu weird
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #510 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 493
Default

I also have the boot damage on my K2 Thraxis for the same reason. Lower ankle on both sides of each foot, started after my first day out in them.

Last edited by jtg; 12-23-2013 at 09:56 PM.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums