Rome 390 ankle strap question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rome 390 ankle strap question

Hello all!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I just purchased some rome 390's, and I have a question relating to the right side of the ankle strap. Does it take an ungodly amount of pressure to put the fastener in the locked position? I'm talking about the side that has the rubber strap to stop the actual main strap from getting in your way when you're not strapped in. I'm a noob with snowboarding, so I want to make sure I'm not about to break something when I try to really put some force into this.

Thanks all!
Jynx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
Hello all!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I just purchased some rome 390's, and I have a question relating to the right side of the ankle strap. Does it take an ungodly amount of pressure to put the fastener in the locked position? I'm talking about the side that has the rubber strap to stop the actual main strap from getting in your way when you're not strapped in. I'm a noob with snowboarding, so I want to make sure I'm not about to break something when I try to really put some force into this.

Thanks all!
Yes... I have last year's Rome 390 BOSS and it takes a LOT of force to hook down that rubber strap thingie that pulls the strap out to the side and out of the way.
lonerider is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Yes... I have last year's Rome 390 BOSS and it takes a LOT of force to hook down that rubber strap thingie that pulls the strap out to the side and out of the way.
I'm talking about the actual binding strap...the right side of it that the OTHER rubber piece attaches to. Are we talking about the same thing?

It came loose so that the right length of the ankle strap could be adjusted, and I'm assuming to lock it in place, you just flip the fastener (that has the hook for the rubber piece) over towards the middle of the strap. Just seems like it takes a TON of force.

And thank you for the quick response!

Last edited by Jynx; 01-13-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Jynx is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Snownad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol your second post didn't really clarify it. Are we looking at the left or right binding and are we looking down on the bindings to or heal?

If you're looking at the R-side of the left foot ankle strap and mean the buckle to retain the rubber tension belt..then yes it requires a good amount of force to lock

Last edited by Snownad; 01-13-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Snownad is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownad View Post
Lol your second post didn't really clarify it. Are we looking at the left or right binding and are we looking down on the bindings to or heal?

If you're looking at the R-side of the left foot ankle strap and mean the buckle to retain the rubber tension belt..then yes it requires a good amount of force to lock
http://i.imgur.com/o5TBt.jpg

This correct? Take's a lot of force to get into the latched position?
Jynx is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Snownad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes indeed.
Snownad is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya it takes a lot of force to lock 'em... Don't worry, you won't break it hehe.

Upside to it taking a lot of force to lock is it also would take the same force to come loose while riding.
Bayoh is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Rider161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep I thought I was going to break it off at first and then was like F*ck it and put more pressure on it and it locked in
Rider161 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all!
Jynx is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread saved me a hell of a lot of time. Heavy swearing and 2 broken thumbs later and I finally locked them in. Haha thanks for your help.
Prestwood is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome