Flow M9 SE, M11, The Five SE 2013 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default Flow M9 SE, M11, The Five SE 2013

Almost every model in the Flow line has seen numerous and substantial upgrades for 2013. We got our questions in and answerwed on a few more of our other popular models.



Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 272
Default

nice!

How are the tiers broken down?

NX2 line
M11
M9
Five

etc..?
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Default

M9 or five for a soft deck like the draft ?
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
M9 or five for a soft deck like the draft ?
This depends a lot on the feel you are looking for. The Five standard gets a one piece highback and a nylon base. It is noticably more flexy than the Five SE (or the M9) which gets an aluminum heelcup from the mod-back. The top panel on the mod back is very flexible but on the whole it is still more of a power binding than the Five due to the aluminum usage. The Five SE and the M9 are very similar with the differences being the flex in the top panel and the design of the surf strap.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
This depends a lot on the feel you are looking for. The Five standard gets a one piece highback and a nylon base. It is noticably more flexy than the Five SE (or the M9) which gets an aluminum heelcup from the mod-back. The top panel on the mod back is very flexible but on the whole it is still more of a power binding than the Five due to the aluminum usage. The Five SE and the M9 are very similar with the differences being the flex in the top panel and the design of the surf strap.
what should i care the most on the flex on a binder; baseplate or highback?
which is more important in forgivin?
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Both count. The basepate is responsible for allowing the board to flex without restriction and to translate rider applied energy into the board for controlling torsional twist, etc. Stiffer baseplates transfer power better but depending on the design can restrict board flex more. Stiffer highbacks do the same in helping with heelside, leg applied pressure but they can limit really tweaked out moves.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Would a binding with stiff baseplate and soft highback be forgiving on a jib board like the draft or artifact rocket? Or should I just look to a complete forgiving binding?
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
Would a binding with stiff baseplate and soft highback be forgiving on a jib board like the draft or artifact rocket? Or should I just look to a complete forgiving binding?
This depends a lot on preference. Some riders always want very supportive (less forgiving) bindings, even on pure jib boards. A moderately stiff base will restrict board flex a bit but the combo that you have mentioned above is still very common for park and play boards.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Thanks man . The five se and m9 se would be in that range right? Both have tweak 6 highback. Would the nx2se's baseplate be too stiff on a soft board? I ve seen flow verves with nx2s bindings on their team riders boards, but they're pros so it is a very different situation
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
Thanks man . The five se and m9 se would be in that range right? Both have tweak 6 highback. Would the nx2se's baseplate be too stiff on a soft board? I ve seen flow verves with nx2s bindings on their team riders boards, but they're pros so it is a very different situation
The Five SE and M9 will be very fun and are a good mix of flex and support for a more flexible board. The NX2 SE is very fun as well but it does have a stiffer base. It wil offer great response and you do not need to be advanced to enjoy that.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums