Bindings to butter with? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
Default Bindings to butter with?

I have been riding 2 or 3 seasons and currently ride a 2012 Ride Highlife UL with 2011 Rome Targas. Couldnt ask for a better board or binding. Now I want to learn to butter and feel this setup is a bit too stiff to learn on so I am going to get a second setup and to be honest I am a bit lost.
I think I have settled on the Bataleon Evil Twin because I think they TBT looks great and it is the softest board they offer that has a Sintered base. Now The bindings are what is throwing me off. Not sure if I should get soft medium or stiff bindings. So far I have looked at a variety of bindings such as

Union Contact
Union Contact Pro
Union Force SL
Union Asadachi
Union Atlas
Flux SF45
Flux DMCC
Ride Rodeos

Anyway what are your suggestions? Does not have to be on the above list but I prefer to stay away from step in bindings as I do not trust them.

Other info: 180lbs Size 11 2011 Ride Insano Boots
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
With extra cheese.
 
CheeseForSteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,749
Default

Flux RK30's. I love the highbacks, super tweaky but they are enough to take outside the park and gentle groomers. I wouldn't try to bomb super steep, technical runs on them but they are comfortable enough charging medium jumps and doing single blacks.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
CheoSamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Henryville PA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossStealth View Post
I have been riding 2 or 3 seasons and currently ride a 2012 Ride Highlife UL with 2011 Rome Targas. Couldnt ask for a better board or binding. Now I want to learn to butter and feel this setup is a bit too stiff to learn on so I am going to get a second setup and to be honest I am a bit lost.
I think I have settled on the Bataleon Evil Twin because I think they TBT looks great and it is the softest board they offer that has a Sintered base. Now The bindings are what is throwing me off. Not sure if I should get soft medium or stiff bindings. So far I have looked at a variety of bindings such as

Union Contact
Union Contact Pro
Union Force SL
Union Asadachi
Union Atlas
Flux SF45
Flux DMCC
Ride Rodeos

Anyway what are your suggestions? Does not have to be on the above list but I prefer to stay away from step in bindings as I do not trust them.

Other info: 180lbs Size 11 2011 Ride Insano Boots
From those PERSONALLY I would say either the Union Contact, or Union Asadachi. I have a Rome Artifact Rocker which is a pure noodle and I rock contacts on it and its a great setup. Other bindings I would consider would be Burton Malavitas since they have "Re-Flex" disks which flex with the board much more naturally to avoid "dead spots" in flex. Flux RK30's are relatively soft bindings and would pair nicely with the disaster in my opinion.

BTW Depending on how heavy you are I would also look at the lobster jib board. It is a carbon copy of the Bataleon disaster and has TBT and the hole shibang but they offer slightly different sizes going as low as a 144cm and just as soft and buttery.
__________________
Emerica should make snowboard boots

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
Default

I kinda like the Asadachi. Still very undecided though. Also I am trying for a non extruded base which is why I went for the Evil Twin. Any other suggestions on bindings
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
CheoSamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Henryville PA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossStealth View Post
I kinda like the Asadachi. Still very undecided though. Also I am trying for a non extruded base which is why I went for the Evil Twin. Any other suggestions on bindings
Sorry. I have no idea why I thought you put "Disaster" and not "Evil Twin'. BTW the lobster Park Board is a carbon copy of the Evil Twin. LOBSTER :: THE PARKBAORD give er a look see.
__________________
Emerica should make snowboard boots

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
Default

How about the troublemaker. Is it the same too? LOBSTER :: THE PARKBAORD TROUBLEMAKER They have this on dogfunk which is why I would be interested
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
CheoSamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Henryville PA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossStealth View Post
How about the troublemaker. Is it the same too? LOBSTER :: THE PARKBAORD TROUBLEMAKER They have this on dogfunk which is why I would be interested
Exact same thing. Just an artist addition so it has a different graphic but other than that its identical to the Park Board and The Evil Twin.
__________________
Emerica should make snowboard boots

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,625
Default

i rock the rk30s with my evo and they are nice and buttery but i can still take them off bigger jumps if i wanted
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Ramsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossStealth View Post
I have been riding 2 or 3 seasons and currently ride a 2012 Ride Highlife UL with 2011 Rome Targas. Couldnt ask for a better board or binding. Now I want to learn to butter and feel this setup is a bit too stiff to learn on so I am going to get a second setup and to be honest I am a bit lost.
I think I have settled on the Bataleon Evil Twin because I think they TBT looks great and it is the softest board they offer that has a Sintered base. Now The bindings are what is throwing me off. Not sure if I should get soft medium or stiff bindings. So far I have looked at a variety of bindings such as

Union Contact
Union Contact Pro
Union Force SL
Union Asadachi
Union Atlas
Flux SF45
Flux DMCC
Ride Rodeos

Anyway what are your suggestions? Does not have to be on the above list but I prefer to stay away from step in bindings as I do not trust them.

Other info: 180lbs Size 11 2011 Ride Insano Boots
I know you're asking about bindings but I don't think you'd be happy with the evil twin for what you want to do. I found its much stiffer than I expected.
Ramsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy
 
honeycomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ohio
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsfan View Post
I know you're asking about bindings but I don't think you'd be happy with the evil twin for what you want to do. I found its much stiffer than I expected.
THIS ^ Unless you plan on buttering at highway speeds why do you want the sintered base? I have the evil twin and fun kink, the fun kink is much more playful and easier to press but I still wouldn't call it soft, it feels real springy with lots of pop. For a jib only board you'll want a jibboard/disaster, airobic, whatever, or fun kink, listed softest first.

If you go with the ET anyway, get a medium/stiff binding or you'll have an even harder time flexing the board.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums