Freeride/Charging Bindings - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I had normal SL's. Couldn't drive into the highback cause it just twists and folds. Landed on my jibstick and stayed there till I sold them, and now they're on a Nitro Subzero. Which the kid likes them there. So yeah, good park binding on a super soft jibstick...

If you're really willing to drop the money I doubt you'll really find anything more responsive than Diodes. Very slim chance Flux DMCC's might be, might. El Hefe's are probably going to be the more beefy of the three, maybe able to take a beating better.
That doesn't make any sense. I have a buddy that has an Atlas on a Heritage and I put in on my SL. We don't have any problems with heelside initiation at all. Did you rotate your highbacks? They flex laterally, but are very stiff longitudinally.

The SL's have a very similar highback.
Mel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Hi, first post here, long time lurker.


You know, I've been looking at some of the reviews here and I find it quite hilarious that certain people here are trashing Union bindings. You know the ones. It seems like they are trying to establish a quasi-guru like reputation for themselves. (Don't you think there are better ways to seek validation than the internet?).

When you cut the bull, it remains that Union bindings are good value for the price.

Just recently, I bought a pair of Union Force for me and a pair of Union Milan for my wife. Why? Good reviews, they look like they won't be out of style in a season or two, and my son's coach, a formerly internationally ranked snowboarder and one of just a handful of people in the country where we reside that is qualified to judge international competitions, told me they'd be a great buy when I asked (and he uses Flow NXT-AT bindings). If someone who knows so much about the sport thinks so highly of them, they aren't crap despite what the pseudo-gurus will have you believe.
IvanoftheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,657
Default

How about K2 Evers?
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 75
Default

+1 on the targas
kpd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel M View Post
That doesn't make any sense. I have a buddy that has an Atlas on a Heritage and I put in on my SL. We don't have any problems with heelside initiation at all. Did you rotate your highbacks? They flex laterally, but are very stiff longitudinally.

The SL's have a very similar highback.
Rotate? Doesnt matter. Go push straight back into even like Raiden Zeros or K2 Indys. Straight back they're just as stiff as anything else. That's easy to do. But when you drive through a heelside on anything except full center reverse you drive pretty heavily on the outside of the highback, if you know how to really push through a turn. If they arent torsionally as well as straight back then you get nothing back there to push on. It isn't the initiation where you'll feel it, its the apex where you snap through. I've had the same problem on Flux highbacks like on the DS30 and the new highback on the DMCC light 2013. I'll still back Flux cause they're light as shit and the ratchets work and dont break.

I couldn't give a rats ass how good someone is. I know people that can double cork but cant feel the difference between a 7.4 and 8.0 sidecut. Ability does not transfer into gear quality knowledge.

I love that us "hatred" get called out, all I did was say that the SL's werent fucking gold unicorn hair and the fanboys flip there shit. These Union debate threads normally get their kickstart fram a fanboy freaking shit casue someone said a bad thing about his favorite colorful bindings.

Why am I qualified? I ride more shit than you ever will. I have felt what everyone puts out. I can compare everything to everything. I kno when a board claims biax and is actually triax. I know when the rep tells me its flat then I true it and they for sure were confused cause it was Gullwing (happened last year). Union is sub par.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 6,174
Default

I grabbed some Burton Triads for my NS Heritage yesterday. They were dirt cheap and in like-new condition. All smiles here.
__________________
"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central PA
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanoftheNorth View Post
You know, I've been looking at some of the reviews here and I find it quite hilarious that certain people here are trashing Union bindings. You know the ones. It seems like they are trying to establish a quasi-guru like reputation for themselves. (Don't you think there are better ways to seek validation than the internet?).
I may have been seen trashing Union bindings recently. I wouldn't consider myself a guru wizard or anything of the sort...just a long time snowboarder. I bought Union Contacts for my 9 yr old (now 10) son and in less than 30 days of use they are falling apart. To me they feel like cheap plastic department store bindings. Now Union is replacing several broken parts at no cost so good on them for their customer service but that's about all I will give them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd2003 View Post
+1 on the targas
Also +1 on the Rome Targa. I run them on my Heritage having moved them over from a Lib Tech T.Rice. Great hard charging all mountain binding. I wish my local shop was still a dealer but they dropped them last year for some reason.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanoftheNorth View Post
Hi, first post here, long time lurker.


You know, I've been looking at some of the reviews here and I find it quite hilarious that certain people here are trashing Union bindings. You know the ones. It seems like they are trying to establish a quasi-guru like reputation for themselves. (Don't you think there are better ways to seek validation than the internet?).

When you cut the bull, it remains that Union bindings are good value for the price.

Just recently, I bought a pair of Union Force for me and a pair of Union Milan for my wife. Why? Good reviews, they look like they won't be out of style in a season or two, and my son's coach, a formerly internationally ranked snowboarder and one of just a handful of people in the country where we reside that is qualified to judge international competitions, told me they'd be a great buy when I asked (and he uses Flow NXT-AT bindings). If someone who knows so much about the sport thinks so highly of them, they aren't crap despite what the pseudo-gurus will have you believe.
lmfao - good thing you came out of lurking to tell us all that.

personally i have no use for a company that continually puts out a product year after year with out addressing problems that the community that they serve have discovered. toecaps have been standard for what, a decade now? and they still can't - and refuse to - get them right.

some more news for you - lots of pros actually don't really know too much or give a shit about gear or gear tech. they ride what they get for free or have the opportunity to get paid to ride. end of story. i've kicked it with enough of these dudes to know that most of them have a natural ability that is just much higher than you or i, and they would ride better than us on much shittier equipment then the industry as a whole uses now.

i don't hate union. i simply pity the fool who spends their money on them when there are much better options that will fit any snowboard boot well, instead of only fitting 15% of them right.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I would say K2 Formulas if your looking for conventional 2 strap binding.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums