Burton 2012 bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
looking4snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burton 2012 bindings

Hello, I will buy Signal Park Flat 2012 and would like to find best bindings for this board. Untill now I was using Burton Cartel 2009 bindings and was really happy with quality and how they feel (maybe little too heavy, but it's ok). I really love their quality and comfort, so probably I'll buy another pair of Burton bindings.
What's the diference between 2012 Cartel (Cartel Binding | Burton Snowboards) and 2012 Restricted Cartel (Cartel Binding | Burton Snowboards Or should I look into other Burton bindings? They have so many different models...
50% buttering, 25% rails/boxes, 25% small & medium kickers.

Burton Fix 155 '09 + Burton Cartel EST '09

Last edited by looking4snow; 04-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
looking4snow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4snow View Post
Hello, I will buy Signal Park Flat 2012 and would like to find best bindings for this board. Untill now I was using Burton Cartel 2009 bindings and was really happy with quality and how they feel (maybe little too heavy, but it's ok). I really love their quality and comfort, so probably I'll buy another pair of Burton bindings.
What's the diference between 2012 Cartel (Cartel Binding | Burton Snowboards) and 2012 Restricted Cartel (Cartel Binding | Burton Snowboards Or should I look into other Burton bindings? They have so many different models...
50% buttering, 25% rails/boxes, 25% small & medium kickers.
Restricted cartels have the asymmetrical strap which everyone loves.

With the percentages you listed, why not the Malavitas? The regular and restricted malavitas come with that strap.
jdang307 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm using flux rk 30s on my park flat and they seem to pair really well. They're soft yet provide plenty of edge engagment when needed. They also have plenty of adjustability to get them dialed in. The only downside with them is they are sparsely padded on the heel.
bseracka is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Member
 
Liv4Sno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought a new pair of Cartels and love them. I was riding P1.1's previously. The new Cartels are much lighter and have more tech in them now (B3 Gel, Auto-Cant footbeds).
Liv4Sno is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
looking4snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Restricted cartels have the asymmetrical strap which everyone loves.

With the percentages you listed, why not the Malavitas? The regular and restricted malavitas come with that strap.
I don't know. Do you think Malavitas are better with this board and my riding style than Cartels? I saw some reviews, both looks good. Just I already had Cartels, but haven't tried Malavitas and have no opportunity to demo.

Burton Fix 155 '09 + Burton Cartel EST '09
looking4snow is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The park flat is a pretty soft board the Cartels are probably over kill. The Malavitas are likely a better match, or any softer park-freestyle binding.
bseracka is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4snow View Post
I don't know. Do you think Malavitas are better with this board and my riding style than Cartels? I saw some reviews, both looks good. Just I already had Cartels, but haven't tried Malavitas and have no opportunity to demo.
Cartels are more do it all type bindings from what I've seen. The malavitas which I have used, are a little softer, but not too soft. The board you are using is pretty damn soft from everything I've just read (I'm looking into buying a jib/butter stick). I think the malavitas are a better matchup flex wise.
And you don't have to look for restricteds to get the asym strap.

Everyone loves the asym strap. Do it.
jdang307 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
looking4snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds good. I will buy Signal Park Flat 2012 and Burton Malavita 2012. Thanks.

Burton Fix 155 '09 + Burton Cartel EST '09
looking4snow is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome