Medium cartel with size 11US 32 LASHED - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 181
Default Medium cartel with size 11US 32 LASHED

Hey guys,
Just got all my new kit sorted, last thing was the boots and i went for 2011/2012 32 lashed...
These are for my burton cartel 2012 and Never summer SL 158.

Only problem I might be having is that the 32 boot is pretty wide and its a little bit of a squueze getting the heel into the binding. It's not uber tight but takes a little force to get the heel flat with the highback.

Just wondering if this will be a problem with responsiveness when riding?
Also wondering whether i may have pushed it too far getting an sl with size 11, but didn't want the extra width of the legacy really.

cheers
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 114
Default

i'm kinda surprised you fit a 11 lashed in a medium cartel. Lashed are the bulkiest boots i've ever ridden, and they broke down super quick. I was quite dissapointed with them. As long as you can fit your boots in them somewhat easily and do not have the straps maxed out I would try it.... but the fit will be that much worse once you get a little bit of ice and snow built up in your footbeds. You should be ok on the 158 with size 11's. Just make sure to center your boots so you have the same amount of toe and heel overhang.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshred View Post
i'm kinda surprised you fit a 11 lashed in a medium cartel. Lashed are the bulkiest boots i've ever ridden, and they broke down super quick. I was quite dissapointed with them. As long as you can fit your boots in them somewhat easily and do not have the straps maxed out I would try it.... but the fit will be that much worse once you get a little bit of ice and snow built up in your footbeds. You should be ok on the 158 with size 11's. Just make sure to center your boots so you have the same amount of toe and heel overhang.
Ah, yeah i heard some rumours about their poor wear... what boots you recommend over them?

So if they're fitting in you're reckoning they're fine?
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhendo190 View Post
Hey guys,
Just got all my new kit sorted, last thing was the boots and i went for 2011/2012 32 lashed...
These are for my burton cartel 2012 and Never summer SL 158.

Only problem I might be having is that the 32 boot is pretty wide and its a little bit of a squueze getting the heel into the binding. It's not uber tight but takes a little force to get the heel flat with the highback.

Just wondering if this will be a problem with responsiveness when riding?
Also wondering whether i may have pushed it too far getting an sl with size 11, but didn't want the extra width of the legacy really.

cheers
I had the same bindings and boots a couple of years back. My Lashed was a size 10 and it was a tight bit. Lashed boots are really wide. I would suggest you move up to a Large Cartel if you decide to keep them boots.
Jtsang2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtsang2000 View Post
I had the same bindings and boots a couple of years back. My Lashed was a size 10 and it was a tight bit. Lashed boots are really wide. I would suggest you move up to a Large Cartel if you decide to keep them boots.
Any particular reason why? You think it'll limit riding in any way?
I know I prObs should go up but it'll be a massive hassle to do so. If it won't affect my riding I'll keep them despite the tight squeeze.
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,222
Default

Riding a binding that is a squeeze is possible, but its far from optimal. Bindings like boards have a sweet spot for the straps and the heel cup / gas pedal. With a big size 11 on a M cartel you are pretty much maxing it out and are out of the sweet spot for comfort and performance.

I ride cartels (L) with burton rulers 11 with the reduced footprint. They fit with ease and I sometimes swap boards for a few runs with my buddy who has M cartel bindings. Its doable but I certainly don't feel as comfortable or as good response.

With a size 11 boot you need to get something pretty slim and not bulky also with reduced footprint tech. Of course make sure it fits your foot too.

Next time you get binding get L. They hardly way any more and you'll be more comfortable IMO.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Riding a binding that is a squeeze is possible, but its far from optimal. Bindings like boards have a sweet spot for the straps and the heel cup / gas pedal. With a big size 11 on a M cartel you are pretty much maxing it out and are out of the sweet spot for comfort and performance.

I ride cartels (L) with burton rulers 11 with the reduced footprint. They fit with ease and I sometimes swap boards for a few runs with my buddy who has M cartel bindings. Its doable but I certainly don't feel as comfortable or as good response.

With a size 11 boot you need to get something pretty slim and not bulky also with reduced footprint tech. Of course make sure it fits your foot too.

Next time you get binding get L. They hardly way any more and you'll be more comfortable IMO.
Cheers... Only reason i'm hesitant is because i've already bought them and can't really take them back.
The only option i really have is to take the boots back and look for one with a smaller footprint. Might look into that. hm...
Decade190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,222
Default

If you can't take them back you have several options.

1) Use them as they are with the M cartels, not ideal but perfectly doable.

2) Sell or swap your boots or bindings.

If the boots fit your feet well and you like them I would be inclined to change the bindings. 2012 cartels will sell easily and since they are on sale you could probably make the change for very little money.
Or try a swap maybe someone on here wants the M and has the L which is too big for them.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default

I am looking for some M Cartel Bindings (non-EST) for the right price.

Let me know if you are getting rid of these and going with the Large ones.

My local shop has Cartel's on sale and if your price is better than theirs I will take them off your hands.
Easto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhendo190 View Post
Any particular reason why? You think it'll limit riding in any way?
I know I prObs should go up but it'll be a massive hassle to do so. If it won't affect my riding I'll keep them despite the tight squeeze.

Didnt ally affect my boarding only a PITA when strapping on after getting off the lift.
Jtsang2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums