Flux Bindings.... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
uh oh a virus 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was going to buy the RK30's but the guy at my shop convinced me to buy the K2 Hurrithanes instead. I'd love to buy some Flux if they weren't over-priced.
uh oh a virus 2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRVA View Post
Are you a Flux rep?

I'm assuming so as your original post came off as spam. What's the point of this thread? Share some info or GTFO.
She's with Flux.

She just shared some info. Canting is coming to Flux it seems.

Some extra dampening options while we're making suggestions, LadyFlintstone?
jdang307 is offline  
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeaaaa that is on the improvement list too! I appreciate the suggestions. That's why we're on the forum! To share info, and get info. What do you want? I want to hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
She's with Flux.

She just shared some info. Canting is coming to Flux it seems.

Some extra dampening options while we're making suggestions, LadyFlintstone?
LadyFlinstone is offline  
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have a pair of ds45s and some dmcc lights. im gonna be a flux addict for a while.
ryan lambert is offline  
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFlinstone View Post
Just curious. It's an open forum... right?
Open as in posting pointless spam like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFlinstone View Post
Who is getting Flux'd up this season?
Nope
LuckyRVA is offline  
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus 2 View Post
I was going to buy the RK30's but the guy at my shop convinced me to buy the K2 Hurrithanes instead. I'd love to buy some Flux if they weren't over-priced.
They aren't overpriced. Probably shoulda bought RK30's. The highback on those is actually useable.

I haven't heard of canting in Flux... 2014?

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
They aren't overpriced. Probably shoulda bought RK30's. The highback on those is actually useable.

I haven't heard of canting in Flux... 2014?
I'll second this. I'm using them on my park flat and find the stiffer urethane in the highback (rk30s) this year to be a nice combination of soft and responsive.

Last edited by bseracka; 08-06-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: clarifying rk30
bseracka is offline  
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Basti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually like having reps around in this forum if they listen to what people say about their brands and make suggestions to change things for the better.

From what I've seen and heard, there won't be any canting options for 2013. They're probably fishing for suggestions for the 2014 season. Which is fine with me, even if it's kinda late.

I've ridden 2012 RK30s and TT30s and I loved them both, except for the mentioned lack of canting and the sub-par cushioning. I can live with the little cushioning though because it gives you loads of board feel. They're crazy light, comfy, customizable and the ratchets are smooth.

So, dear Flux Rep: Make them cant their stuff (preferably natural canting like the Forum simmer down or the Burton autocant) and you will sell more product. Besides, it's a market standard that a progressive brand should offer his customers.

You're welcome
Basti is offline  
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,796
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Some extra dampening options while we're making suggestions
I'm a huge Flux fan and this would be my #1 suggestion. If you gave me the choice between canting and a softer, more cushioned footbed, I'd take the softer more cushioned footbed every time.

"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is offline  
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thaaaaaankss! I appreciate the support. I am trying to change things for the better... not spam out. That's not my style.
You are right in that the 2012 do not have canting options... but it is something that we have brought to the table for future lines.
Not saying when, or what, or how... but stay tuned. Our fine line of Japanese engineers are on it and out to make it epic, so we'll see.
Thanks again for your suggestions. It's great to hear what the real world thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
I actually like having reps around in this forum if they listen to what people say about their brands and make suggestions to change things for the better.

From what I've seen and heard, there won't be any canting options for 2013. They're probably fishing for suggestions for the 2014 season. Which is fine with me, even if it's kinda late.

I've ridden 2012 RK30s and TT30s and I loved them both, except for the mentioned lack of canting and the sub-par cushioning. I can live with the little cushioning though because it gives you loads of board feel. They're crazy light, comfy, customizable and the ratchets are smooth.

So, dear Flux Rep: Make them cant their stuff (preferably natural canting like the Forum simmer down or the Burton autocant) and you will sell more product. Besides, it's a market standard that a progressive brand should offer his customers.

You're welcome
LadyFlinstone is offline  
Reply

Tags
bindings, flux, flux bindings

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome