Burton sucks. - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #141 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,812
Default

Someone just delete their life. I'll ask the owners of a gun to help.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #142 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Definitely take some lessons and/or consult wolfie
There are some pretty good trainers out here (where the OP and I live) so yeah I'd suggest lessons. Actually the head instructor at Fernie bought my used Driver X boots off me last year! lol He offered me a "high end lesson" but I'm too stuck up to ever take a lesson again.

I took lessons when I started 20 years ago and I strongly recommend them to anybody. They've helped my girlfriend past several plateaus in her riding.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #143 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
There are some pretty good trainers out here (where the OP and I live) so yeah I'd suggest lessons. Actually the head instructor at Fernie bought my used Driver X boots off me last year! lol He offered me a "high end lesson" but I'm too stuck up to ever take a lesson again.

I took lessons when I started 20 years ago and I strongly recommend them to anybody. They've helped my girlfriend past several plateaus in her riding.
Im never taking lessons, i have been boarding for almost 10 years now and this is not the time to take lessons. I started when i was 8 and i have been boarding every year since. I do not care if my snowboarding sucks or if you think( not you poutanen) i should get lessons. im not, because i enjoy riding at the level i am at. I can see people taking lessons to get started or to learn how to do basic movments, but for those who take lessons, i dont respect as much. Its those who put on a board and never give up, even if they fall a million times.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #144 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Its those who put on a board and never give up, even if they fall a million times.
I question the people that DON'T fall... I fall every day, sometimes every run! That's part of the constant push to get better.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #145 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I question the people that DON'T fall... I fall every day, sometimes every run! That's part of the constant push to get better.
people that dont fall, dont push themselfs. I fall all the fricking time, not the kind of stupid fall but doing drops and shit. I usually dont fall just boarding tough. But im really clumsy so i trip about everywhere.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #146 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
jwelsh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East
Posts: 233
Default

Old thread, but very entertaining...front to back...you get those bindings taken care of?
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums