Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Bindings for Arbor Blacklist (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/49558-bindings-arbor-blacklist.html)

strobe32 09-10-2012 06:26 PM

Bindings for Arbor Blacklist
 
Hey guys,

First post here...long time lurker, big fan of the site... all that jazz. Anyway, I'm looking for bindings for my Arbor Blacklist (154). The board is used mainly for boxes, butters, and small jumps. My knees are starting to get worse so I'd prefer capered bindings, unless other features make up for that somehow. My last bindings were Ride Ex, circa 2008 or so.

I know there have been a few threads on this, but none of them felt like they were in line with my needs. Plus, there are just too many damn bindings to choose from!

Here's what I'm looking at so far (open to other suggestions):
  • Rome 390 Boss
  • K2 Formula
  • Burton Malavita
  • Raiden Phantom (No canting, but it's hard to overlook these)
  • Forum Shaka
  • Ride Rodeo
  • Salomon Hologram or Chief

If anyone wants to recommend a particular boot for their binding of choice, feel free. My boots are getting old anyway :) And if it's relevant to any of this, I'm 6' tall, 155 lbs, 10.5" boots.
Thanks in advance.

Nivek 09-10-2012 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Id say either Formulas or Phantoms. That's what I'd ride.

JVee 09-10-2012 07:54 PM

If your knees are starting to get worn, I'd back off from the jumps and jibs a little. As for bindings, also put Flux TT30 in there. I used them all through Japan earlier in the year and the combination was flawless

strobe32 09-10-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVee (Post 517622)
If your knees are starting to get worn, I'd back off from the jumps and jibs a little. As for bindings, also put Flux TT30 in there. I used them all through Japan earlier in the year and the combination was flawless

Haha yea... that's why I at least keep it to the small jumps. We'll see though, I'm trying to do what I can, while I can, you know. I'll check out those Flux bindings too.

Thanks for the opinions so far guys.

strobe32 09-11-2012 02:45 PM

Bumping today for additional opinions.

Nivek 09-11-2012 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Flow M9's, Raiden Pushers, Salomon Districts, Flux DS30, Rome Mob Boss, or Burton Cartels (the new highback is softer than I've ever felt on Cartels).

Basti 09-11-2012 04:39 PM

My knees are getting worse as well and I have to say that the most comfortable and still good-for-all binding for me are the Forum Shaka. They have simmer canting, Gel pads, great straps and are very customizable. The only downside in my opinion is that they are rather medium weight, not exactly the lightest.

I've just read today that some magazine voted them the most comfortable bindings overall. But don't believe magazines when it comes to gear, the "awards" are usually bought by ads.

If you don't necessarily need canting I'd got with the Flux TT30. Great allround binding as well.

jdang307 09-11-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 517871)
Flow M9's, Raiden Pushers, Salomon Districts, Flux DS30, Rome Mob Boss, or Burton Cartels (the new highback is softer than I've ever felt on Cartels).

Damn Nivek, you're making my decision harder. Malavita vs Cartel for a Cobra/Westmark combo.

I was leaning Cartel, then Malavita (I admit the silversmith looks pretty sick). Now maybe leaning back to the Cartel. Thing is I have to find a restricted (want the asym strap) vs just a normal Malavita.

Now you say the highback is softer on the Cartel so perhaps that's better for the quiver.

Nivek 09-11-2012 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 517908)
Damn Nivek, you're making my decision harder. Malavita vs Cartel for a Cobra/Westmark combo.

I was leaning Cartel, then Malavita (I admit the silversmith looks pretty sick). Now maybe leaning back to the Cartel. Thing is I have to find a restricted (want the asym strap) vs just a normal Malavita.

Now you say the highback is softer on the Cartel so perhaps that's better for the quiver.

You asked for more options, I provided.

The Malavita Reflex has the asym... and the Cartel Reflex has the react strap. You don't need the Restricted on either.

They need to be ridden to really tell, but from what I can gather the Cartels are now a bit softer than Malavita's.

jdang307 09-11-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 517910)
You asked for more options, I provided.

The Malavita Reflex has the asym... and the Cartel Reflex has the react strap. You don't need the Restricted on either.

They need to be ridden to really tell, but from what I can gather the Cartels are now a bit softer than Malavita's.

I didn't ask for the options, I just came across them. I didn't mean to imply you did something bad, just that your insight has made my decision even more murky but I'm glad to know that info.

You don't think the Asym strap is better than the Cartel react strap? It's a wash?

Interesting you think the cartels as being softer than the Malavitas. Very interesting.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2