I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
P-Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup, I'm aware! That's where I go most weeks.

Not keen on their range of boards though. You're right, I could have tried one similar though - although managed to get this purchase right I think.

They do, however, carry a reasonable range of Union bindings. Fairly confident in the SL being a great purchase though. The Force is awesome and I hear even better things about SL; and a stiffer pair makes sense for powder!
P-Ride is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ride View Post
Yup, I'm aware! That's where I go most weeks.

Not keen on their range of boards though. You're right, I could have tried one similar though - although managed to get this purchase right I think.

They do, however, carry a reasonable range of Union bindings. Fairly confident in the SL being a great purchase though. The Force is awesome and I hear even better things about SL; and a stiffer pair makes sense for powder!
From the Union guy here, SL's are not stiffer than the Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Dradamous View Post
SL's (Super Light) are MC's built with normal Union materials and aren't $400.

The Force is built on our original baseplate, which is a little beefier than what the above are built on, the Atlas baseplate. When we built the Atlas, goal was to update the Force with increased mobility and to lighten it up. By taking away some of the weight out of the Atlas, it loosed it up a tad and the Force baseplate is still our most responsive.

Hoped that helped Kevin.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
P-Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, so the SL is lighter and looser than the Force? Interesting. Some say the base-plate is stiffer than the Force, although the high-back looser?

Either way, most seem to agree that it is responsive - which is what I'm looking to put into this setup.

Last edited by P-Ride; 09-30-2012 at 05:06 PM.
P-Ride is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ride View Post
Ok, so the SL is lighter and looser than the Force? Interesting. Some say the base-plate is stiffer than the Force, although the high-back looser?

Either way, most seem to agree that it is responsive - which is what I'm looking to put into this setup.
SL Baseplate is stiffer than the Atlas but still softer than the Force. The Atlas is my favorite binding ever, I'm thinking the SL is a good difference split between weight/response/versatility in the Union line.

I've never ridden the SL, but the Atlas is my favorite binding ever.

Also, this season and last season's SL is based on the Atlas, so you'll get the same heel dampening as the baseplates have the same design.
phony_stark is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
P-Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok. Of all the interests I've developed, snowboarding gear is by far the most complex. There are so many variables to consider!

Well I'm struggling to find a bad word said about the SLs, so now's not a bad time to announce that a pair are in the post to me now! It's a bonus that the gunmetal grey will fit in perfect with both my boards!

I'm still slightly perplexed as to which roles the Force and SL will each be better at, but have little doubt that finding out - in conjunction with my three boards - will be great fun!

If anyone fancies contrasting their experiences of Force and SL; and what they think the SL will be better/worst at, I'd be interested to hear!
P-Ride is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ride View Post
Ok. Of all the interests I've developed, snowboarding gear is by far the most complex. There are so many variables to consider!

Well I'm struggling to find a bad word said about the SLs, so now's not a bad time to announce that a pair are in the post to me now! It's a bonus that the gunmetal grey will fit in perfect with both my boards!

I'm still slightly perplexed as to which roles the Force and SL will each be better at, but have little doubt that finding out - in conjunction with my three boards - will be great fun!

If anyone fancies contrasting their experiences of Force and SL; and what they think the SL will be better/worst at, I'd be interested to hear!
dude...get what ever the fuck tickles your fancy. Someone will always have a negative remark. it comes down to personal preference. You have to make some choices like these on your own because you're not going to know what suits you personally until you learn and make choices on your own. Letting someone else chose for you, you're never going to be able to maximize what's right for you

Last edited by SnowOwl; 10-01-2012 at 05:37 PM.
SnowOwl is offline  
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
P-Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have - it's in the post! Just curious as to how others think the SL may differ from my Force.. I hear mixed things - all good though!
P-Ride is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome