Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Binding advice (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/49733-binding-advice.html)

tygrannas 09-21-2012 02:20 PM

Binding advice
 
Hello everyone, im looking for help deciding what binding to get.

I just bought a 158 never summer revolver lest over from last year and im still trying to figure out what bindings i should get for it.The board is going to be primarily my park board with some all mountain, I got it to compliment my freeride board which is K2 Slayblade with Burton C60s.

I think Ive narrowed it down to 2 bindings; last years Rome 390 Boss and this years Burton Malavita. Im also looking at the Burton Genisis but i havent been able to find out much about the Genisis, it looks like a pretty awesome binding though

Im open to other binding suggestions but its gotta be Burton, K2, GNU or Salomon since those are the brands i can get a prodeal on from my local shop. the 390s being an exception because they are last years and are cheap online

snowklinger 09-21-2012 02:30 PM

the 'Vitas.

jdang307 09-21-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygrannas (Post 520167)
Hello everyone, im looking for help deciding what binding to get.

I just bought a 158 never summer revolver lest over from last year and im still trying to figure out what bindings i should get for it.The board is going to be primarily my park board with some all mountain, I got it to compliment my freeride board which is K2 Slayblade with Burton C60s.

I think Ive narrowed it down to 2 bindings; last years Rome 390 Boss and this years Burton Malavita. Im also looking at the Burton Genisis but i havent been able to find out much about the Genisis, it looks like a pretty awesome binding though

Im open to other binding suggestions but its gotta be Burton, K2, GNU or Salomon since those are the brands i can get a prodeal on from my local shop. the 390s being an exception because they are last years and are cheap online

Both of those are favorites for the Evo. I used the Malavitas on them. Raiden zero's and even Phantoms also.

Nivek 09-21-2012 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygrannas (Post 520167)
Hello everyone, im looking for help deciding what binding to get.

I just bought a 158 never summer revolver lest over from last year and im still trying to figure out what bindings i should get for it.The board is going to be primarily my park board with some all mountain, I got it to compliment my freeride board which is K2 Slayblade with Burton C60s.

I think Ive narrowed it down to 2 bindings; last years Rome 390 Boss and this years Burton Malavita. Im also looking at the Burton Genisis but i havent been able to find out much about the Genisis, it looks like a pretty awesome binding though

Im open to other binding suggestions but its gotta be Burton, K2, GNU or Salomon since those are the brands i can get a prodeal on from my local shop. the 390s being an exception because they are last years and are cheap online

What exactly do you do for the brands you're talking about pro-dealing with? Cause proforms are to stoke shop kids out that SELL the product. Just sayin.

biocmp 09-21-2012 04:42 PM

Are the vitas geared towards Park riding more than the cartels?

tygrannas 09-21-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 520183)
What exactly do you do for the brands you're talking about pro-dealing with? Cause proforms are to stoke shop kids out that SELL the product. Just sayin.

Its not a shop proform, its a shop that gives discounts to Instructors and Patrollers who works at any of the mountains around. I can also go through some of the companies but i prefer to go through the shops.


Quote:

Originally Posted by biocmp (Post 520202)
Are the vitas geared towards Park riding more than the cartels?

Yeah, the cartels are more all mountian if i remember correctly

Nivek 09-21-2012 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygrannas (Post 520204)
Its not a shop proform, its a shop that gives discounts to Instructors and Patrollers who works at any of the mountains around. I can also go through some of the companies but i prefer to go through the shops.

Yeah, the cartels are more all mountian if i remember correctly

Yeah if you're a patroller/non-shit-head instructor I have no qualms. There is just a lot of the bro-hook up goin around and its getting ridiculous and ultimately hurting the industry.

Cartels have been more all mountain than Vita's in the past, and even still listed as such on the site. But after playing with them in the shop the highback on the Cartels is softer than I've ever felt on that binding. I'm wagering they are going to be much more comfortable on like SuperHero's, Nugs, and Joysticks than Customs, Antlers, or Nice Guy's.

To be honest, if the deal you get is the same one I get on K2, get Formula's. They'll match super well on the Revolver and might just be half as much as Vita's. Otherwise Vita's.

tygrannas 09-21-2012 10:58 PM

I know what you mean, ive seen a few companies either pull out or lower their pro rates because of people buying the whole family gear with it.

Thanks for the advice, im not sure exactly what the prices will be. the shop usually has a flat rate for us but the have a big preseason employee sale


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2