Union's or Flux's? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,694
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Hahaha...this place is turning into a joke. Anti-Union flamers unite!!! Remember when all the cool people use to rally behind hating Burton. Union must be the worst brand on the planet to have so many people riding them.
The entire forum is turning into a joke because we don't like your favorite binding company? Alright, sure.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
Union makes a great binder, just not well recieved by this group of forum jockeys. Check around and you will find other forums full of equally knowledgeable people who rave about the good points of the Union design. PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

If you want to try the binders before you buy them then demo them from a shop. Many shops offer demo programs for binders as well as boards. Typically with binders the first day's demo charge will be taken off the retail cost of a binder should you decide to buy.
fuckin shop jockey.
ShredLife is offline  
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
duh
Senior Member
 
duh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love how in this forum there are a few self appointed "experts" who get very sensitive when someone disagrees with their opinions. Makes me think they probably ride like girls.
duh is offline  
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The entire forum is turning into a joke because we don't like your favorite binding company? Alright, sure.
This forum is full of silliness because of the amount of misinformation put out there almost instantly about anything C3, by some people that, for some reason or another, felt wronged by C3's reps or something.

Bindings are preference, everyone has different ideas of what they want in response/tech/colors (it's true)/perception. Don't let someone else's perception cloud yours.

In the 70+ total days I've ridden I have tried different bindings. (Rome/Ride/Burton/Flux) I admit, there are things that some companies do a little better than Union, burton has smoother toe ratchets and canting (if that's your hype), flux has a comfier ankle strap, Ride/Rome have a lot of customization.

But Unions for me, overall, have been the absolute best at the things that are most important to me on the hill, especially in less than prime conditions.

Keeping my boot in the binding.
Strapping in.
Adjusting the forward lean.
Responding to frozen fingered, ham fisted, manhandling.

I own a pair of EST Malavitas, but midway through last season I bought a conversion disk and put my Atlases (by far the best binding I've tried) on my board, because of the aforementioned reasons.

Duell, you say that you'll never put Burton bindings on your board, why? I think they make the second best clamps on the market.
phony_stark is offline  
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
fuckin shop jockey.
Damn Straight. We're here to help people have a good time. If you're ever in town stop by and say "hi" (I promise we won't make you ride Unions.)
P3 Mammoth is offline  
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flux!

I demoed both flux and union last winter and i love the flux rk30s. I just ordered the new 2013s.
Nickx is offline  
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
BoBBYdaBo$$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickx View Post
I demoed both flux and union last winter and i love the flux rk30s. I just ordered the new 2013s.
where did you order them from? I can't find a place selling flux 2013's, specifically I am looking for the pr15
BoBBYdaBo$$ is offline  
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got lucky and found some on ebay for a pretty good discount. (retail 210 ish paid 165) I did notice there are some on rei.com too.
Nickx is offline  
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duell View Post
Awesome I was hoping to find someone like you who has both.
Ok so if the Flux's are so comfy what makes you choose union>flux
They ride better? Is the only downfall te toe strap? And what do you mean by the rackets? The cinching mechanism?
Sorry for my late reply. I chose union over fluxes just because of my riding style. I'm pretty sure if I had fluxes with urathan high backs I would of like those a lot better. A reason why its hard for me to compare both flux and union, is because the sf45 and union contacts are completely different kinds of bindings. I just like the flex feel of my unions.

Toe straps for unions. I have a pair or 32 boots that won't even fit in the toe strap. There union toe straps won't fit all boots. Racket fails, is when you try to get your bindings super tight (I ride pipe a lot). When you attempt to get it too tight the teeth of the racket will actually miss the strap and get looser. You prett much have to pull the racket leaver then press the teeth into strap.
roboelmo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome