Non-Burton Bindings on a Burton Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Default Non-Burton Bindings on a Burton Board?

I got a Burton snowboard as a gift and it has the 3D hole pattern. I already have Head bindings and was wondering if it was possible to find a compatible disc for the bindings? I can't return the board so my only options are to find a new disc, drill into the existing disc, or get new bindings (which I reaaaaaally don't want to do). I contacted Head but they don't have universal discs. Would a disc from a different manufacturer fit? Or is it possible to expand the holes in the binding discs to fit with the 3D pattern?
Any help/ suggestions would be great, thanks!
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18
Default

All you need is a disc from Burton that has a 3 holed pattern.

http://www.seisports.com/img/product/large/044263.jpg

See those discs on the lower part of the pic? That's you.

Any board shop, online or offline should carry them

Last edited by gakbar22; 10-09-2012 at 06:51 PM.
gakbar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbar22 View Post
All you need is a disc from Burton that has a 3 holed pattern.

http://www.seisports.com/img/product/large/044263.jpg

See those discs on the lower part of the pic? That's you.

Any board shop, online or offline should carry them
Thanks for the reply! Would those fit into my bindings? Do all binding discs fit with all bindings?
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,282
Default

Not all discs will fit all bindings, they're typically proprietary to manufacturer.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Is it possible to drill into the binding disc to expand one of the holes so it will fit with the 3D set up? Or would that compromise the strength of the binding plate and the weight distribution?
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,666
Default

This sounds like a job for TT
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma View Post
Is it possible to drill into the binding disc to expand one of the holes so it will fit with the 3D set up? Or would that compromise the strength of the binding plate and the weight distribution?
I think you're overthinking your solution. Assuming you could drill those holes without cracking the baseplate do you really want to ride such a ghetto setup? APart from how it'll look, it'll never be precise enough to fit -well-. You dont need to do that to yourself.

I'm assuming that you're willing to bust out the power tools to mod a $3 piece of plastic because money is tight. No one here is gonna give you grief for being on a tight budget, least of all me.

Here's a better way to approach this problem: Do you have access to a ski shop? Is there one within 30 miles of where you live? If the answer is yes, grab those bindings (and the board if you're feeling adventurous) and drive over there. If you dont have a car, call one of your friends.

If you can't get to a ski shop, call Burton Rider Services and ask for help. Talk to the person that answers the phone like he's a real person and be cool. Believe it or not, the people I've spoken to act like they work at a local shop. They're nice, they know how to ride and they actually want to help people love the sport.

Whether you call Burton or hit up a local spot, the parts you need costs less then $10. If you're cool, you might even get an old pair of baseplates they have laying around for free.

Good luck!
gakbar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbar22 View Post
I think you're overthinking your solution. Assuming you could drill those holes without cracking the baseplate do you really want to ride such a ghetto setup? APart from how it'll look, it'll never be precise enough to fit -well-. You dont need to do that to yourself.

I'm assuming that you're willing to bust out the power tools to mod a $3 piece of plastic because money is tight. No one here is gonna give you grief for being on a tight budget, least of all me.

Here's a better way to approach this problem: Do you have access to a ski shop? Is there one within 30 miles of where you live? If the answer is yes, grab those bindings (and the board if you're feeling adventurous) and drive over there. If you dont have a car, call one of your friends.

If you can't get to a ski shop, call Burton Rider Services and ask for help. Talk to the person that answers the phone like he's a real person and be cool. Believe it or not, the people I've spoken to act like they work at a local shop. They're nice, they know how to ride and they actually want to help people love the sport.

Whether you call Burton or hit up a local spot, the parts you need costs less then $10. If you're cool, you might even get an old pair of baseplates they have laying around for free.

Good luck!
Confusing the terms baseplate and binding disk, me thinks...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Thanks for the suggestions! I was planning on widening the holes on my disc so that they would fit into the 3D pattern (not drilling a new hole). But I feel that may compromise the structure... I'll definitely give Burton a call and check out my local board shop but I'm not sure if a disc from a different binding would fit into my bindings?
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East§ide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

more than likely they will fit...you can always ask burton if they will fit..or you can buy them, try them, and if they dont work, at least you already have a guide as to where to drill into your old disks
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East§ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bindings, burton, disc, head, plate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums