Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Not sure what to do (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/50289-not-sure-what-do.html)

EatMyTracers 10-15-2012 06:17 PM

Not sure what to do
 
So I just got my rome 390 boss bindings in the mail today. I have size 9.5 thirtytwo binary boa boots and with the recommendation of some people on here i went with the medium size bindings. Well I adjusted the toe strap to be as lose and it can go and the ratchet is still on the side of my toe to where it digs in. So what I am wondering if I should go up to the large bindings or just deal with the medium? Also I have a rome reverb rocker 151, so if i did exchange my my medium bindings for large then would they be to big for my board?

lonerider 10-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 526947)
So I just got my rome 390 boss bindings in the mail today. I have size 9.5 thirtytwo binary boa boots and with the recommendation of some people on here i went with the medium size bindings. Well I adjusted the toe strap to be as lose and it can go and the ratchet is still on the side of my toe to where it digs in. So what I am wondering if I should go up to the large bindings or just deal with the medium?

I had this same problem with my Rome 390 BOSS bindings as well, except I have size 8 boots (size medium binding). I think it has more to do with the shape of your boot. Didn't happen to my older pair of Rome 390's.

EatMyTracers 10-15-2012 06:42 PM

So did you move up to the large? or just stay with the medium and it didn't end up being to much of a problem?

lonerider 10-15-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 526960)
So did you move up to the large? or just stay with the medium and it didn't end up being to much of a problem?

I rode them for a year and it wasn't a HUGE problem... but it was annoying and slightly uncomfortable (and occasionally the toestrap would slip off) and I ended up selling off the bindings sadly. With only size 8 boots, I don't think moving up to a large would have worked (similarly I'm not sure moving up to a large will solve your problem).

EatMyTracers 10-15-2012 06:50 PM

I'm not sure if I should keep the medium or move up to the large or just return them and get different bindings.

lonerider 10-15-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 526966)
I'm not sure if I should keep the medium or move up to the large or just return them and get different bindings.

Yea I don't know... maybe email photos to Rome and see what they think? I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with this problem.

Good luck!

EatMyTracers 10-15-2012 07:01 PM

What bindings did you end up getting to replace the 390 boss, I'm asking because I figure you went for a similar style of binding which is what I want.

lonerider 10-15-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 526973)
What bindings did you end up getting to replace the 390 boss, I'm asking because I figure you went for a similar style of binding which is what I want.

I picked up a pair of Burton CO2 that were on sale, but I wouldn't quite call that the same style of bindings (I like them though). I currently reading up about Flux bindings but I don't really know much about them firsthand yet (except all the hype about the DMCC lights).

EatMyTracers 10-15-2012 07:07 PM

I am looking at the flux bindings but am not sure which to get. I am pretty sure I will be returning the 390 boss unless the website I purchased from won't let me.

a bag of it 10-15-2012 07:10 PM

DMCC Light>390>C02

I have all three of these bindings. The C02 are too stiff for my liking, I used them for my boardercross board. The 390's and DMCC Light's are both really comfortable, but the DMCC light offers a bit more support without being too stiff and obviously they are much lighter.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2