Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Now IPO Binding??? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/50752-now-ipo-binding.html)

BWayne89 10-31-2012 09:12 PM

Now IPO Binding???
 
Is this comparable to the Burton Malavita?

Just stumbled across these bad boys and I must say i am intrigued!!

Now Snowboarding | World's First Skate Influenced Binding

slyder 10-31-2012 09:20 PM

I always wonder if any average riders here on the forum have tried these. Not just the connected guys.
If I saw a demo of these I'd try them.

BWayne89 10-31-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyder (Post 533163)
I always wonder if any average riders here on the forum have tried these. Not just the connected guys.
If I saw a demo of these I'd try them.


Yeah I would love to demo these... they seem legit... and i agree to your above statement.

ShredLife 10-31-2012 09:32 PM

i went down to the shop to check em out and they look like a soild binding construction-wise. only time will tell as to the buckles/straps.

the "kingpin" tech or whatever seemed less severe than i imagined. i'm not gonna label them gimmicky - because i haven't ridden them, and because there are actually respected riders among the "connected" that have vouched for them. just to me i thought the hinge was going to have more play in it so it seemed like you'd feel less of a difference from regular bindings...:dunno:

i do like the idea of innovation and bringing new things to snowboarding. i can't say i'm crazy about the idea of the little rubber bumper thingies they have on each corner of the bottom of the baseplate... they seemed like they might be something you'd lose over time as things flex...

i would buy them over cartels or malvitas or fluxes or whatever just to try them if i needed new bindings..

BWayne89 11-01-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 533168)
i went down to the shop to check em out and they look like a soild binding construction-wise. only time will tell as to the buckles/straps.

the "kingpin" tech or whatever seemed less severe than i imagined. i'm not gonna label them gimmicky - because i haven't ridden them, and because there are actually respected riders among the "connected" that have vouched for them. just to me i thought the hinge was going to have more play in it so it seemed like you'd feel less of a difference from regular bindings...:dunno:

i do like the idea of innovation and bringing new things to snowboarding. i can't say i'm crazy about the idea of the little rubber bumper thingies they have on each corner of the bottom of the baseplate... they seemed like they might be something you'd lose over time as things flex...

i would buy them over cartels or malvitas or fluxes or whatever just to try them if i needed new bindings..

I would love to take that leap of faith into these bad boys, but damn they are not nice to the wallet. With a price point like that I would feel more confident in a purchase with Burton or Union.

Triple8Sol 11-01-2012 04:58 PM

I've got a set on the way...just need some more snow to get a chance to try them out!

BWayne89 11-01-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol (Post 533405)
I've got a set on the way...just need some more snow to get a chance to try them out!

Let us know how she goes....

sollerak 11-02-2012 08:52 AM

Triple8 - what stick are you pairing them with? I'm thinking of setting them up on a Proto for this season.

Triple8Sol 11-02-2012 10:12 AM

Planning to try it out on a few boards at least like my Gnu Rider's Choice C2+Pickle & NS Cobra. Not sure I'd slap them on anything stiffer like my Heritage though.

sollerak 11-02-2012 10:31 AM

Let me know how it does with your Cobra. That is a board I've had my eye on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2