Malavitas or Union Forces? - Page 12 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #111 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
I love Reading this forum to learn stuff (pros and cons) about all the manufacturers because I don't personally get to try all the gear I want too. Personally it seems more open minded here towards brands (although certain people do like to voice their disliked brands) than EL does. Generally on here you get a vast lineup of good choices with the few heavily favorited brands and every time I read an EL thread it seems like its always the exact same shit being pushed and heavily pro union for bindings and hating a majority of other brands. Atleast that was the feel I had when I searched things there.
How long did you lurk over on Easyloungin?

EL is heavily pro C3, and there are a few die hard fanatics over there, but even they annoy me with their blind, irrational love for a single product. But there are a ton of guys over there, with a lot of knowledge about many, many different brands who are more than willing to drop some information if you ask.

Personally, what you wrote about SBF is exactly how I feel about EL. There's a lot of Analog, Airblaster, C3, and Burton love over there, but there are many posters who ride other things and like I said, are more than willing to help out other people with their experiences.

This place isn't bad at all, other than a couple kooks who think they're "King of the Mountain" on an internet site. Tools.
And that's the thing, you said you like reading all the "pros and cons" of a single brand. Every single fucking brand is going to have pros and cons, it depends on you personally as a rider and your preferences for things. However, due to a couple people being too clueless to correctly set up a pair of Union bindings, even if it took them 2 hours, and then come and just blatantly spam SBF with the "cons" of a certain brand, is there a reason why people can't post up their positive experiences with product, without the Pointer Sisters freaking out and ripping their hair out?

There's even people filtering over to EL from here who are mentioning the random anti-C3 hate.

"Mainly here for the simple fact that I was beginning to think I was a dumbshit for rocking Force when I haven't ever had a problem with them. Start to read stuff long enough though and it can make a guy think twice.

Feeling much better about my 2nd Union purchase after lurking the forums here for the past few days."

There's a place for every single snowboard company out there, and obviously C3 is killing it, due to their market share and product flying off the shelves. If they don't work for you, go find something else.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"

Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 11-09-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #112 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

This.

Especially the part that newer members and less experienced members of this forum are constantly being dictated to by a few guys who, while knowledgeable (I think), bristle at the fact that an opinion/experience can differ from theirs and refuse to defer even when they don't have as much experience with the product as someone else.

It takes a lot of credibility away from them and the forum itself, which is, by and large, a cool place. Shouts to Leo and Dave.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
henry06x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 376
Default

It was around the time I joined here I was reading around EL also. Still do from time to time when I can't find what I'm looking for here. I'm sure there are a knowledgable guys there also. May have just been the majority of what was being talked about on EL are brands I'm just not interested in styling/design wise, not saying its bad product and they like the brands I do here. I like Ride and there seems to be nothing for hate about them every time I look on EL.

I think guys around here like Leo, Dave z, snowwolf (great detailed reviews), and Nivek (I know he dislikes mervin and union, but he has great knowledge about a lot of other brands) give great views on equipment. There is a very diverse group here IMO and I think generally you get a lot of pros and cons for every brand. Bios is probably more in one direction here and EL in the other direction, but you still hear the good about everything.
__________________

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #114 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Wow!

Christ people, it's a god damn pair of bindings; get over the retarded over emotional reactions to equipment.

let it go!
I agree with this.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
henry06x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
I agree with this.
Well your just one heck of an agreeable person aren't you? First you agree with that rep for needing to get this started. Now you agree with snow wolf that everyone needs to get over it (I do however also agree)... If there were a list of people to blame for this shitfest that has taken place over the last few day you would be right under that rep who started it all.

Okay I'm done now. This is annoying and I don't know why I just decided to get involved. Maybe it was the annoyance of it all, maybe it was boredom.
__________________

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #116 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,211
Default

To the OP, in my opinion go with the tivas.

Some people clearly love union bindings and clearly the toe caps fit their boots, good for them.

Many people (not just the haters) find the straps don't fit well. I have seen many people make that same observation here in Japan as well as on this forum.

Just seems weird to an impartial like me that a company wouldn't try to address a clear issue raised by many customers.

Its like the response from union is "No you're wrong, the toe cap is perfect you just don't know how to use it right, we'll keep on making it the same way until you realize how to use it right".

Opinions are very subjective, everyone knows that.

Even though some members on here are very (way over the top) vocal in their preferences or dislike of certain brands those reading take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyone with any sense listens to pros and cons from a range of people then makes their OWN choice.

Its just gear, why shouldn't we be able to say what we think?

If its good gear there will be plenty of positive posts to balance the negative ones. Thats the point of a forum as opposed to a review site where people need to keep good relations with the companies.

Nivek is pretty vocal in his dislike for NS, fair enough, he prefers other boards.

Doesn't stop those who like NS recommending them on here. Let everyone have their say.

Its not the negative or positive opinions on gear that are the problem.
Its emotional, personal attacks that I would like to see the end of.

Just makes reading through a thread a pain in the ass and much longer than it needs to be.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #117 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Wow!

Been off of the site all week in Arizona and this is the shit show that has taken place? Christ people, it's a god damn pair of bindings; get over the retarded over emotional reactions to equipment.

Now, as far as this Johan goes. Is this really the way a professional rep chooses to represent his company? Instead of playing juvenile games like this contest, why not post here in good faith representing Union like other reps do on this site such as Rome and Neversummer and respectfully listen to the complaints people have and address the issue like a mature adult?

I unofficially represent Neversummer and if acted like you have, I would expect them to sever all ties to me because it makes the company look bad. If you want to see how a real rep communicates, read threads where Wiredsports is involved. That is how a professional behaves.

This entire thread is pathetic and the vitriol from all sides is ridiculous and makes the entire snowboarding culture look like a bunch of ignorant over opinionated idiots. I have ridden and reviewed Union bindings and in most areas I have found them to be decent. They are not perfect however and do have some things that need to be improved upon. I have done reviews on Rome as well and have said the same thing regarding their bindings. This isn't a blood sport where you swear undying fealty to a brand and defend it to the death. It's a piece if equipment than in another year or two, you won't even be riding it; let it go!
Wait....for real? Cause I've been riding this ESP board for ten fucking years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
To the OP, in my opinion go with the tivas.

Some people clearly love union bindings and clearly the toe caps fit their boots, good for them.

Many people (not just the haters) find the straps don't fit well. I have seen many people make that same observation here in Japan as well as on this forum.

Just seems weird to an impartial like me that a company wouldn't try to address a clear issue raised by many customers.

Its like the response from union is "No you're wrong, the toe cap is perfect you just don't know how to use it right, we'll keep on making it the same way until you realize how to use it right".

Opinions are very subjective, everyone knows that.

Even though some members on here are very (way over the top) vocal in their preferences or dislike of certain brands those reading take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyone with any sense listens to pros and cons from a range of people then makes their OWN choice.

Its just gear, why shouldn't we be able to say what we think?

If its good gear there will be plenty of positive posts to balance the negative ones. Thats the point of a forum as opposed to a review site where people need to keep good relations with the companies.

Nivek is pretty vocal in his dislike for NS, fair enough, he prefers other boards.

Doesn't stop those who like NS recommending them on here. Let everyone have their say.

Its not the negative or positive opinions on gear that are the problem.
Its emotional, personal attacks that I would like to see the end of.

Just makes reading through a thread a pain in the ass and much longer than it needs to be.
Fucking hell. You nailed it.

And with this, I'm done. I'm gonna go snowboard now.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
Well your just one heck of an agreeable person aren't you? First you agree with that rep for needing to get this started. Now you agree with snow wolf that everyone needs to get over it (I do however also agree)... If there were a list of people to blame for this shitfest that has taken place over the last few day you would be right under that rep who started it all.

Okay I'm done now. This is annoying and I don't know why I just decided to get involved. Maybe it was the annoyance of it all, maybe it was boredom.
This
sxdaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
Well your just one heck of an agreeable person aren't you? First you agree with that rep for needing to get this started. Now you agree with snow wolf that everyone needs to get over it (I do however also agree)... If there were a list of people to blame for this shitfest that has taken place over the last few day you would be right under that rep who started it all.

Okay I'm done now. This is annoying and I don't know why I just decided to get involved. Maybe it was the annoyance of it all, maybe it was boredom.
I agree. I think you were just bored.

If you're still bored, please find me evidence on how I started the shitstorm, the mods will probably disagree with you. In fact, I think I even helped you find a link on how to progress in the park better through Dave.

Anyway, it just dropped 8" at the local hill and they're gonna re-open on Sunday.
See you guys on the hill and on this board!
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums