Malavitas or Union Forces? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 676
Default

what model year do you have? I'll be surprised if you say 2011 or newer. The gettagrip toe straps are the best in the snowboarding by far.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
what model year do you have? I'll be surprised if you say 2011 or newer. The gettagrip toe straps are the best in the snowboarding by far.
I've had those pop up on my toes a couple times on my Hylites. Not THE best. I've had amazing success with Flux and Rome for toe straps.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 11-06-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 676
Default

you put burton toe straps on your Hylites?
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,378
Default

Hylite is a Flow boot...
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 676
Default

lol. you caught me out. I assumed it was a K2 or Ride binding and was hoping I could answer without looking it up.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 26
Default

Flux DS30 or Burton Malavitas
Skier's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,065
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I'm not a Burton guy and I'll still tell you to get the Malavitas. I've checked them out and they seem to be great bindings whereas I owned Forces and know they're not nearly as good.
__________________
15 NS Ripsaw . 14 NS Proto HD . 14 NS Cobra . 13 Gnu Space Case EC2 . 2013 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 390
Default

Vita's..... I rode my Forces for one day and got rid of them.. Toe strap alone drove me nuts. I had Cartels at one point and wanted to go with Vita's this time so I'm trying something different. I am def a fan of Burton bindings.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
Vita's..... I rode my Forces for one day and got rid of them.. Toe strap alone drove me nuts. I had Cartels at one point and wanted to go with Vita's this time so I'm trying something different. I am def a fan of Burton bindings.
What boots were you running with your forces? I've never had a problem with the Union toes, even the old ones. I was wearing 32 right up until the Nike program started, and while both are a little bulky, with proper adjustments the toes fit just fine. It also depends on what your looking for, the Force is on the more responsive end of the union line, if that's what you're into great, if not nbd.

I've currently got the Vitas (restric) and the Atlas' and I'm honestly leaning towards using my Atlas' for the majority of the season. They keep it simple, and they work. I've never understood why people dork out on binding tech.
camosunsnowboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camosunsnowboar View Post
What boots were you running with your forces? I've never had a problem with the Union toes, even the old ones. I was wearing 32 right up until the Nike program started, and while both are a little bulky, with proper adjustments the toes fit just fine. It also depends on what your looking for, the Force is on the more responsive end of the union line, if that's what you're into great, if not nbd.

I've currently got the Vitas (restric) and the Atlas' and I'm honestly leaning towards using my Atlas' for the majority of the season. They keep it simple, and they work. I've never understood why people dork out on binding tech.
At the time, I was using Salomon F22's.. I'm not the only one that had issues with the toe strap though... Common problem.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums