Malavitas or Union Forces? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Hey KungMartin, don't you think you should actually learn how to select an appropriate width board and set up your own bindings before you go spouting off "knowledge" about how others are doing it. Martin's thread
lmfao
ShredLife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a snowboarder. Too much fanboy bullshit in this thread, and not enough actual info for the OP. Sad.
matty19 is offline  
post #43 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
How can I be? I was demoing union or the first time back last year. Where does my bias come from?

And that's great yours works fine. Maybe you should have stuck with that explanation instead of the douchebag comment you made.

Maybe they get better after breaking in. I don't know, I only demoed them. I'd be hard pressed to believe they are anywhere as smooth as Burton ratchets though.

Edit: I haven't talked about Union since Johan let this stupid beef carry over to my work email. Even after his friends at test fest made smart ass remarks towards me.
What is it with Union that makes them so thin skinned?

Stand by your product. If it were that good, more people will use them. Simple. Who on SBF slept with their wives? Kick their dogs?

Last edited by jdang307; 11-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
jdang307 is offline  
post #44 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty19 View Post
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a snowboarder. Too much fanboy bullshit in this thread, and not enough actual info for the OP. Sad.
how do you figure that?

this site sees rider after rider after rider complain about 'your brand' and its limitations. there is actually a responsibility to inform people about flaws in products that exist, and persist. if you deny that a product has an issue to the point of some ridiculous dogma or brand loyalty then you are really doing a mis-service to those asking for real advice.

the complaints about union bindings are 100% legitimate. burying your head in the sand and throwing around insults or trying to assert your 'iamthemostknowledgeablesnowboarderandanyonewhothi nksdifferentiswrongandangry' attitude isn't going to help your 'cause'
ShredLife is offline  
post #45 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
What is it with Union that makes them so think skinned?

Stand by your product. If it were that good, more people will use them. Simple. Who on SBF slept with their wives? Kick their dogs?
it is the culture of the company. they feed into it:

EasyLoungin
ShredLife is offline  
post #46 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Hey KungMartin, don't you think you should actually learn how to select an appropriate width board and set up your own bindings before you go spouting off "knowledge" about how others are doing it. Martin's thread
the thing is that i have knowledge about setting up the actual binding. i never mentioned anything about placement and toe/heel drag did i?

union force rocks, that is all.

also, fuck you.

Last edited by KungMartin; 11-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.
KungMartin is offline  
post #47 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This site sees maaaaaaaybe 6 riders complain about Unions, and of these six most haven't ridden a Union over 3 years or did for one day for a few hours, and while their experiences are VALUABLE for feedback (I don't want to be misunderstood, it is valuable feedback), it's not as valuable as an experience from someone who's ridden the product, as shipped, for 50 days.

In short, I would put more weight on the opinion of someone who uses a product regularly, over someone who tried and didn't like it. Especially one who writes a couple of sentences and just says "sucks" . That's not even constructive.
phony_stark is offline  
post #48 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
This site sees maaaaaaaybe 6 riders complain about Unions, and of these six most haven't ridden a Union over 3 years or did for one day for a few hours, and while their experiences are VALUABLE for feedback (I don't want to be misunderstood, it is valuable feedback), it's not as valuable as an experience from someone who's ridden the product, as shipped, for 50 days.

In short, I would put more weight on the opinion of someone who uses a product regularly, over someone who tried and didn't like it. Especially one who writes a couple of sentences and just says "sucks" . That's not even constructive.
Word. They totally ask for trouble. Fucking ignorant douches.
KungMartin is offline  
post #49 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Wired will come up with a lot of great suggestions. I'd also like to throw in the GNU carbon credit. I put in around 25 days last season (my first season as well) and the board handled everything I threw at it, pow/slush/and ESPECIALLY ice. I enjoyed it a lot.
if you have only been riding for two seasons what makes you think you have enough experience to give people advice on snowboarding?
ShredLife is offline  
post #50 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
how do you figure that?

this site sees rider after rider after rider complain about 'your brand' and its limitations. there is actually a responsibility to inform people about flaws in products that exist, and persist. if you deny that a product has an issue to the point of some ridiculous dogma or brand loyalty then you are really doing a mis-service to those asking for real advice.

the complaints about union bindings are 100% legitimate. burying your head in the sand and throwing around insults or trying to assert your 'iamthemostknowledgeablesnowboarderandanyonewhothi nksdifferentiswrongandangry' attitude isn't going to help your 'cause'
I agree with the last part of your statement. From what I've been reading, there's a lot of that in this thread.

Please don't mistake any of my comments as advocating for a specific company. While I have a positive opinion of Union bindings and Capita boards, I also love and use Burton bindings and boards, Mervyn (Lib/Gnu) boards, Venture, NeverSummer, etc. I'm really intrigued by a couple of K2's boards, and one of my local shops will be doing K2's "K2sdays" $1 weekday demos this season, so I'll be taking them out. I'm really excited by that and expect to enjoy them.

You and a few other people here appear to be very emotionally invested in convincing others that Union bindings "suck". I find that to be just as invalid as the fanboys who think that Union bindings are beyond criticism. Both sides are contributing to a load of bullshit that gets in the way of providing the information that can actually enable a person less familiar with the products available to choose a new binder.

Unions work for some people, and not for others.

The same with Burton binders.

The same with K2 binders.

The same with Raiden, Flux, Technine, Flow, Salomon, and Ride binders.

Gear preference is just that: preference. It doesn't define your riding. 90% rider. 10% board (and other gear).
matty19 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome