Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   K2 hurrithanes vs Burton Cobrasharks (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/50964-k2-hurrithanes-vs-burton-cobrasharks.html)

AcKlimek10 11-08-2012 01:47 AM

K2 hurrithanes vs Burton Cobrasharks
 
intermediate park rider looking between buton cobra sharks or k2 hurrithanes? i like the wing idea on the cobras but im really interested in canted footbeds. Help.

phony_stark 11-08-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcKlimek10 (Post 535977)
intermediate park rider looking between buton cobra sharks or k2 hurrithanes? i like the wing idea on the cobras but im really interested in canted footbeds. Help.

How stiff do you like your highback, or do you care?

AcKlimek10 11-08-2012 01:55 AM

i had union forces last year and didnt like them. i dont really know which i prefure. i heard flexier have more forgivness but i feel ill have more control with the sharks.

phony_stark 11-08-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcKlimek10 (Post 535980)
i had union forces last year and didnt like them. i dont really know which i prefure. i heard flexier have more forgivness but i feel ill have more control with the sharks.

I would HIGHLY recommend, if you can, trying out some bindings with canting. I had a boner for canting initially, and when I tried it, it felt Reeeeeally fucking weird. I have malavitas,with auto cant, and while I love them, I have to bang my stance out hella wide to feel comfy on them.


Oh, for what it's worth. I rode some 2010 malavitas which are kiiiiinda like the cobra shark but not on a disc and liked them. Good value on the sharks too.

I havent' ridden the K2s, but someone can comment on that.

More questions, what kind of park riding do you do?

matty19 11-08-2012 02:21 AM

What about the Forces feel didn't you like? If you're looking for something a little softer, have you looked at Flux?

AcKlimek10 11-08-2012 02:21 AM

i know man it sounds sick, burton doesnt have any type of canting system on the cobras do they? i prefer rails over jumps..

phony_stark 11-08-2012 02:32 AM

Nah, burton is fullbed on the cobras. Srsly, I'd recommend, if it's possible, to try canting first to see if you like it. You may hate it.

Check for some used malavita reflexes if you want canting...great binding too.

And, if you liked the forces but though they were too stiff, try the contact pro. Great park binding that you can ride the mountain with. If you hate unions now, like a lot of people on here, forget I said that.

AcKlimek10 11-08-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty19 (Post 535984)
What about the Forces feel didn't you like? If you're looking for something a little softer, have you looked at Flux?

they just didnt feel comfterble and the top straps sucked... no i have not

phony_stark 11-08-2012 02:36 AM

What year unions? If I may ask?

AcKlimek10 11-08-2012 02:37 AM

last year..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2