Union - MC Metafuse? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Post a link to that thread..
Context is everything.
Search is you friend
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...s-fluxs-3.html
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
The MC rules. It's the binding I use the most, and use it with all types of riding. It's incredibly light and rides like a dream.

Last season we had a very isolated issue with Heelcups. Those things are injected in Italy, shipped to Canada where they get Nano coated, then shipped to China for assembly. A huge pain in the butt. Basically what happened is during "step 1" of injection whoever was running the injection machine that morning didn't allow the tooling to heat up long enough. Keep in mind that we only make about 400 pairs of these. I think we estimated that 20-25 of them were faulty, which all ended up in the US. So that 25 or so pair all happened within about a 5 minute span. That's how precise things need to be.

The problem wasn't anything to do with design or material and it's not going to happen again.

Wait till you guys see what we have for next year. Oh man!

Thank you for the response, ordered the MC's.
__________________
"I'm just a bastard but at least I admit it, at least I admit it."
GreatMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
Johan is correct. The Force's highback is also very stiff.
I must have missed the sarcasm.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Default

hows it going OP. I also have the ride highlife UL board and am in the market for a super light binding to match with the Ultralight board. Was curious how you liked your highlife paired with the union MC's. Its one of the bindings that I'm considering on picking up along with the Union Chargers and Burtion Diodes. Cheers!
j1nftw1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1nftw1n View Post
hows it going OP. I also have the ride highlife UL board and am in the market for a super light binding to match with the Ultralight board. Was curious how you liked your highlife paired with the union MC's. Its one of the bindings that I'm considering on picking up along with the Union Chargers and Burtion Diodes. Cheers!
Honestly, the Bindings were well worth the price I spent. I thought they would be too soft for my liking but I been hitting up all sorts of terrain and hauling ass in the process.

When I took the bindings out of the box I was shocked how light they actually are.

My only gripe with them was the Toe Ratchets but over time 6-7 days on them they were fine... The problem was trying to get OUT of them. It always felt stuck.

Do yourself a favor and grab em. My friend has the Diodes and they are sick as well... I Just wanted something different than Burton.
__________________
"I'm just a bastard but at least I admit it, at least I admit it."
GreatMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMilenko View Post
Honestly, the Bindings were well worth the price I spent. I thought they would be too soft for my liking but I been hitting up all sorts of terrain and hauling ass in the process.

When I took the bindings out of the box I was shocked how light they actually are.

My only gripe with them was the Toe Ratchets but over time 6-7 days on them they were fine... The problem was trying to get OUT of them. It always felt stuck.

Do yourself a favor and grab em. My friend has the Diodes and they are sick as well... I Just wanted something different than Burton.
The place I buy from turned me on to Union bindings but I wish I had a chance to check out these bindings in person but none of the places I shop at here in Socal seems to carry the Metafuse. Did you buy the binding online or did you go to a local board shop in socal that actually carries the binding? From what your saying it seems that the metafuse has a softer flex suitable for park and jibs (which I do not do at all) but is still suitable for freeriding, kind of more towards an all mountain binding which closely resembles my burton cartels. The cartels are great and have lasted me forever but now that I've gotten a taste of the response from stiffer setups I've become a total control freak and am in the never ending search for a pair of stiff bindings that is worthy to power the STIFF highlife w00t!
j1nftw1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1nftw1n View Post
The place I buy from turned me on to Union bindings but I wish I had a chance to check out these bindings in person but none of the places I shop at here in Socal seems to carry the Metafuse. Did you buy the binding online or did you go to a local board shop in socal that actually carries the binding? From what your saying it seems that the metafuse has a softer flex suitable for park and jibs (which I do not do at all) but is still suitable for freeriding, kind of more towards an all mountain binding which closely resembles my burton cartels. The cartels are great and have lasted me forever but now that I've gotten a taste of the response from stiffer setups I've become a total control freak and am in the never ending search for a pair of stiff bindings that is worthy to power the STIFF highlife w00t!
I could not find them in Socal (I'm from Socal as well). I just got them from backcountry.com in case I didn't like them so I could return them no questions asked. I went from a Custom X with C02's to the highlife with MC's and I don't regret it at all. Such a good setup. I freeride and do Jumps. No rails / boxes for me. There was a guy in the classifieds selling the L/XL binding cheaper than retail. Or just wait till next season.
__________________
"I'm just a bastard but at least I admit it, at least I admit it."
GreatMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Default

. you think the mc with the gnu billy goat 159 would be great also. if i came from a custom x 158 with diodes. would that be similar? or you think the union charger would be a better fit for the billy goat? i'm 5"6 210 size 8 salomon synapse wide.

Last edited by tbymto; 02-21-2013 at 03:18 AM.
tbymto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbymto View Post
. you think the mc with the gnu billy goat 159 would be great also. if i came from a custom x 158 with diodes. would that be similar? or you think the union charger would be a better fit for the billy goat? i'm 5"6 210 size 8 salomon synapse wide.
The charger from my understanding is more responsive / stiff. I haven't ridden it so I couldn't tell ya compared to my MC's. My setup I was trying it make as light as possible. But if your used to a stiff ride like the CX I'd go with the chargers. The MC's were stiff enough for me. I had C02's with my CX. But I'd say the Chargers would be more similar to Burton C60's based on the info I've read.

That Billy Goat looks sick. I wish I had the money for all these different boards / brands.
__________________
"I'm just a bastard but at least I admit it, at least I admit it."

Last edited by GreatMilenko; 02-21-2013 at 12:06 PM.
GreatMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Default

thanks for the input
tbymto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums