Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Cartel est Vs diode est vs non est for custom X (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/51346-cartel-est-vs-diode-est-vs.html)

The-Snoopy 11-19-2012 03:10 PM

Cartel est Vs diode est vs non est for custom X
 
Hey peeps

So second post in a row..

I've narrowed my new board down to the 2013 Custom X 160 im 185-190 lbs and i have a hard time deciding on bindings..

I kinda want Cartels, but i read all over the internet that they're getting softer and softer and dont want to end up with to soft bindings..

The flex rating seems to be the same for the Cst X and Cartels..

/Cheers Snoopy

Supra 11-19-2012 03:51 PM

Cartels are not too soft. They have the same support as last year so don't worry about it. I like them waaaaayyyyy better than diodes.

ShredLife 11-19-2012 04:07 PM

at your weight you'll be breaking diodes. not talking shit about your weight - just that over about 170 and hard landings will kill the light binding from most manufacturers line.... no DMCC lights for you either...

Alkasquawlik 11-19-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 541055)
at your weight you'll be breaking diodes. not talking shit about your weight - just that over about 170 and hard landings will kill the light binding from most manufacturers line.... no DMCC lights for you either...

185-190 pounds is heavy? :dunno:

There's a guy over on EL who is 210+ and rode Diodes with no problems...

ShredLife 11-19-2012 04:18 PM

there are countless broken highbacks from last years diodes and i'm pretty sure this years aren't built any different.

just because someone made it a season without his breaking doesn't mean that the product doesn't have flaws.

Nivek 11-19-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 541055)
at your weight you'll be breaking diodes. not talking shit about your weight - just that over about 170 and hard landings will kill the light binding from most manufacturers line.... no DMCC lights for you either...

I would agree with X-Base as the purpose of that binding was to be light. The Diode has the same frame as the Malavita if I'm not mistaken. So the only other part is the Highback and with it being full carbon I dont think sub 200lbs will have an issue.

Cartels are softer than ever. Straight from a Burton rep. He didnt know why they dont say so on the site, neither do I.

Aaaand I didnt read far enough. If there are enough cases of snapped highbacks on Diodes (I personally havent dealt with any) then I say Malavitas.

Supra 11-20-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 541141)

Cartels are softer than ever. Straight from a Burton rep. He didnt know why they dont say so on the site, neither do I.

I'll take your rep and raise him by a guy who designs the actual bindings. Cartels are the same stiffness as last year. The highback has 3% more torsional flex, that's all.

You make them sound like they're as stiff as a pair of tube socks

hktrdr 11-20-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 541312)
I'll take your rep and raise him by a guy who designs the actual bindings. Cartels are the same stiffness as last year. The highback has 3% more torsional flex, that's all.

You make them sound like they're as stiff as a pair of tube socks

You are still going on about the 3%!? I thought we had thoroughly debunked that in the the other thread...

Supra 11-20-2012 03:51 AM

LOL you only debunked it in your head buddy. I guess the Burton bindings dept didn't get your memo about you not approving their results! I think Jake's going to go through the roof!

hktrdr 11-20-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 541334)
LOL you only debunked it in your head buddy. I guess the Burton bindings dept didn't get your memo about you not approving their results! I think Jake's going to go through the roof!

Well, all the marketing materials and reps as well as reviews are saying one thing. Only you and your purported source are saying something else.
And we have clearly established that the 3% number is bullshit, as it has never been clarified/confirmed what was actually measured.
I will leave it at that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2