2013 Early Release Burton X-Base -Well, this sucks. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
deminimis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orygun
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
so your original story- it failed while riding blues and greens is completely false.

It failed because you don't know how to get off a chairlift. Nice...

Not exactly sure how, when it broke. I was only on blue and green runs all day, and at the end of the day it was broken. So, just taking guesses here. The little lift incident seems a good guess, perhaps the best guess, but just a guess. I know...You'd think after 24 years of boarding (with healthy absence in the middle) I'd know how to get off a chairlift.

SL, I was surprised how much Meadows had on the ground. Obviously, very early season conditions, but not bad at all. Bummer the freezing level seems to be heading up over the next few days.
deminimis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Front range, CO
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Not exactly sure how, when it broke. I was only on blue and green runs all day, and at the end of the day it was broken. So, just taking guesses here. The little lift incident seems a good guess, perhaps the best guess, but just a guess. I know...You'd think after 24 years of boarding (with healthy absence in the middle) I'd know how to get off a chairlift.

SL, I was surprised how much Meadows had on the ground. Obviously, very early season conditions, but not bad at all. Bummer the freezing level seems to be heading up over the next few days.
hahaha definitely! Maybe take up skiing then?
StreetDoc is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
deminimis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orygun
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha ha! That's just not going to happen. Skied until I bought a K2 Gyrator with Sims bindings at Rim Rock Mall in Billings, MT in 1988. Went to Bridger Bowl the following day and right up their highest run (used to have to take two lifts to get up there). Spent most of that day getting down (a few feet-catch an edge, a few feet and catch an edge). Hated boarding and if I was not already the less-than-proud owner of a board, that might have been the end of it. The next morning, we were greeted with a lot of fresh pow. Skied in the AM and decided to give the board another try after lunch. First run in the pow and it clicked and I never skied again. Seriously, never once skied after I figured out how to board. Sold all my ski gear off and never looked back.


Well, anyway, found my receipt for the bindings. We'll see if Burton sends me a new back or if I have to buy one. I do agree with SL that these are just too thin. I could probably make a low-rent repair to it if need be, but I'll wait until I hear back from The Big B.

I am liking this new Custom Flying V Wide. Whole lotta board. Although very limited use thus far, it's the first board I have really liked since my old Aggression 172. I have pretty much the same channel setup on my wakeboard and I do like that feature.
deminimis is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Just call their rider services # and they should take care of you.
ShredLife is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
deminimis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orygun
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New back on its way tomorrow. Got to love good cust service!
deminimis is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
X-base

Its the beginning of the 2014-15 season and ive been riding my X-Base bindings now for 3 years. I average about 35-50 days a season and mine are in great shape no cracks or snapped highbacks. If you cant remember when or how this happened you cant blame it on the bindings. You can take these into any rep shop and they will say the same thing im saying now. They broke because you forgot to lower your HB getting on or off the lift plain and simple. Im confident in saying this because ive broken 2 HB's that look exactly like yours dude. So everyone reading this rest assure this guy broke it on the chair forgetting to lower it.
XH88 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 04:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, rode my Burton X-base since 2012 and finally broke it last month in Niseko (Japan)

And yes it was because I forgot to put the highback down on a chairlift.

Burton says only replacement is a Diode highback ($40)

Don't mind paying for it but I know that it'll bug me that it doesn't match the other side....anyone got a Left medium X-base highback they wanna sell?

Haha...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fa9f3bca1189c2c28439675d4fdeebb0.jpg (97.3 KB, 78 views)
Darksheep47 is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XH88 View Post
Its the beginning of the 2014-15 season and ive been riding my X-Base bindings now for 3 years. I average about 35-50 days a season and mine are in great shape no cracks or snapped highbacks. If you cant remember when or how this happened you cant blame it on the bindings. You can take these into any rep shop and they will say the same thing im saying now. They broke because you forgot to lower your HB getting on or off the lift plain and simple. Im confident in saying this because ive broken 2 HB's that look exactly like yours dude. So everyone reading this rest assure this guy broke it on the chair forgetting to lower it.
Thank god you were here to solve that 3 year mystery.
Altephor is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 12:26 AM
d15
Senior Member
 
d15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksheep47 View Post
Yup, rode my Burton X-base since 2012 and finally broke it last month in Niseko (Japan)

And yes it was because I forgot to put the highback down on a chairlift.

Burton says only replacement is a Diode highback ($40)

Don't mind paying for it but I know that it'll bug me that it doesn't match the other side....anyone got a Left medium X-base highback they wanna sell?

Haha...
You're complaining about how your highbacks don't match?

You're like one of those idiots who warrant their bindings 5 years after warranty has expired; and then when the company is willing to offer you a free replacement for the respective part (out of grace even), you'd still complain because the part doesn't match your bindings aesthetically.

STFU.
d15 is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 02:23 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Anticrobotic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by d15 View Post
You're complaining about how your highbacks don't match?

You're like one of those idiots who warrant their bindings 5 years after warranty has expired; and then when the company is willing to offer you a free replacement for the respective part (out of grace even), you'd still complain because the part doesn't match your bindings aesthetically.

STFU.
No he isn't. He stated quite clearly that he has to pay $40 for the replacement highback, and it doesn't seem like he's complaining about that. If you don't know how to read, don't write. So I suggest YOU shut up, and go ride.

Nitro Team Exposure Gullwing 162 ('16) + Nitro Phantom L/XL ('15) + Nitro Team TLS 44/290/11 ('13) * CAPiTA BSOD 162 ('14)
# 84 kg (185 lbs.) dry * 187 cm (6'2") * Intermediate

2015/16: 20 days
2014/15: 17 days
2013/14: 14 days
2012/13: 8 days
2011/12: 1 day
Anticrobotic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome