The stiffest bindings - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about the flux dmcc?

All you can eat!!!!!!!
Arbor roundhouse RX 163/ Flux DMCC 12/13
Arbor Abacus 164/ Flux DMCC 11/12
Tackle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Well, the Union/C3 guys do not really seem to be consistent or in agreement on what their stiffest binding is (based on this and this).
In any case, the Chargers might be very well be the stiffest Union binding (note that I did not claim otherwise), but they sure as hell are not the stiffest bindings in the market.
The Chargers are def a stiff binding. They don't use the Atlas baseplate, they use the SL baseplate with is one of the stiffest I've ridden. They're not on the level of stiffness of the Ride El Heffe but pretty close. I wish I had gotten them over the SL's. The SL highback is just a little soft for being a strictly freeride binding. Still rips though.
Extremo is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nidecker Carbons. I use an old version of these on my very stiff Palmer Centric. Nidecker Snowboards - Carbon Black/Orange

I've used them on everything from icy midwest groomers to Chamonix off piste. Stiff bindings are great but overkill if you ride a more flexy board.
Cane700 is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane700 View Post
Nidecker Carbons. I use an old version of these on my very stiff Palmer Centric. Nidecker Snowboards - Carbon Black/Orange

I've used them on everything from icy midwest groomers to Chamonix off piste. Stiff bindings are great but overkill if you ride a more flexy board.
I've ridden two pairs of Nidecker bindings... one was the 800, and the the other was 900 Carbons(?) back around 2005-2007 era. These were very good bindings with an extra thick eva foam pad under the binding (so much so that they came with longer mountining screws). Stiff, responsive and damp. I would recommend Nidecker over the Catek Freeride 2 Pro Evo as they are a better mix of performance and ergonomics/comfort.
lonerider is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
24WERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
The Chargers are def a stiff binding. They don't use the Atlas baseplate, they use the SL baseplate with is one of the stiffest I've ridden. They're not on the level of stiffness of the Ride El Heffe but pretty close. I wish I had gotten them over the SL's. The SL highback is just a little soft for being a strictly freeride binding. Still rips though.
The charger uses the atlas stage III base made with carbon injected.

The sl base material changed this current year to no carbon injected b/c of the charger to better diversified b/t the product lines. It is the same base model just no carbon.

2013 charger binding atlas base III = 2012 SL atlas base III ( both carbon injected)

2013 Atlas binding base III = 2013 SL atlas base III (no carbon injected)
24WERD is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24WERD View Post
The charger uses the atlas stage III base made with carbon injected.

The sl base material changed this current year to no carbon injected b/c of the charger to better diversified b/t the product lines. It is the same base model just no carbon.

2013 charger binding atlas base III = 2012 SL atlas base III ( both carbon injected)

2013 Atlas binding base III = 2013 SL atlas base III (no carbon injected)
I have the 2012 SL. I love the carbon injected baseplate, super stiff and responsive. I wonder if I could just buy Charger highbacks from c3. Had I known they were going to make the charger I wouldn't have bought the SL's.
Extremo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome