finally sick of the unions - Page 12 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Prices taken from my local shop. Source.

Union Atlas - 319.99
Union Force - 269.99
Burton Cartel - 269.99

Overpriced bindings, that work, yeah they work, but not worth the money. How are switchback ratchets bad? They release smooth, union ones actually dont. Tried it before, they require force. Maybe that's where they got the name for the Force model. Ugly colorways too.

Hmm, sorry for coming of as a douchebag, i cant stand union. My suggested options my be higher but not by much, and what you gain over union products is returned in value. Anyways, sorry for this sack of shit my posts are. If i offended anyone, my apologies. I respect anyone who rides a plank on snow. Well, i just wanted to voice my opinion. Please, don't listen to me because im obviously retarded. Good night.
Weird. My shops got:

Atlas $239
Force $199
Mission $200
Cartel $270
Extremo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
10 dollars? i don't think they are worth anything else. There is a difference from wanting a binding because I need one, and wanting a binding i would pay more for. I wouldn't pay premium for it, but id ride it for 10 bucks...
You forgot the other zero, my man.

www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline  
post #113 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Prices taken from my local shop. Source.

Union Atlas - 319.99
Union Force - 269.99
Burton Cartel - 269.99

Overpriced bindings, that work, yeah they work, but not worth the money. How are switchback ratchets bad? They release smooth, union ones actually dont. Tried it before, they require force. Maybe that's where they got the name for the Force model. Ugly colorways too.

Hmm, sorry for coming of as a douchebag, i cant stand union. My suggested options my be higher but not by much, and what you gain over union products is returned in value. Anyways, sorry for this sack of shit my posts are. If i offended anyone, my apologies. I respect anyone who rides a plank on snow. Well, i just wanted to voice my opinion. Please, don't listen to me because im obviously retarded. Good night.

Blame your shit shop, not Union. They're jacking up the prices way above MSRP. Way to not use Google either, tard. Simple search shows the actual MSRP.

The Burton prices are inflated as well.

www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline  
post #114 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,411
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Weird. My shops got:

Atlas $239
Force $199
Mission $200
Cartel $270

I see what ya did. Cartels at $270 are EST. Not a fair comparison. Compare the ReFlex and standard retail for the Cartel is $10 less than the Atlas. On top of that $270 is mark up. That sucks. Why is your shop charging more than retail for Cartels and not anything else?

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #115 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Blame your shit shop, not Union. They're jacking up the prices way above MSRP. Way to not use Google either, tard. Simple search shows the actual MSRP.

The Burton prices are inflated as well.
But then your not supporting your local shreds. Lol, whole new argument. Anyways, we either pay that in Canada or get hit by duty and tax from USA.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #116 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I see what ya did. Cartels at $270 are EST. Not a fair comparison. Compare the ReFlex and standard retail for the Cartel is $10 less than the Atlas. On top of that $270 is mark up. That sucks. Why is your shop charging more than retail for Cartels and not anything else?
Probably because they're the only shop left withing a 40 mile radius. Their K2 stuff is significantly higher than MSRP too.

Dogfunk shows $229 for Cartel with Reflex? I thought for sure it would be up in the Phantom price range. I haven't ridden the cartel since they introduced reflex, but as long as it's not full on crap, that's probably the best binding (relative to price) on the market, IMO.
Extremo is offline  
post #117 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,411
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Probably because they're the only shop left withing a 40 mile radius. Their K2 stuff is significantly higher than MSRP too.

Dogfunk shows $229 for Cartel with Reflex? I thought for sure it would be up in the Phantom price range. I haven't ridden the cartel since they introduced reflex, but as long as it's not full on crap, that's probably the best binding (relative to price) on the market, IMO.
This year I might actually agree. Its the best rendition of the Cartel I've been in. The softer highback puts it back into the freestyle dominator position where it belongs. I do really like the Formulas though.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #118 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ahheeemmmm, 2006 P1's anyone? I love them.... Burton made the comfiest binding back then...

One binding i would consider below par of union is Technine. Why are they still in business? And even then, their toe strap is better....
Because of all the "low riding" faggot's with oversize coats ?
blunted_nose is offline  
post #119 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Ahheeemmmm, 2006 P1's anyone? I love them.... Burton made the comfiest binding back then...

One binding i would consider below par of union is Technine. Why are they still in business? And even then, their toe strap is better....
Because of all the "low riding" faggot's with oversize coats ?
You really are an angry little troll aren't you? I always thought Canadiens were supposed to be friendly and accepting of others.
bseracka is offline  
post #120 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Ahheeemmmm, 2006 P1's anyone? I love them.... Burton made the comfiest binding back then...

One binding i would consider below par of union is Technine. Why are they still in business? And even then, their toe strap is better....
Because of all the "low riding" faggot's with oversize coats ?

Have you ever ridden Technines? Or are you basing it what you've read online. Serious question.

www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome