finally sick of the unions - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
bahahaha same as Romes. That's cute. If its better than any other toe strap out there why is it we only hear about the Union strap not fitting boots? I have yet to hear anyone complain about K2's (which by the way on the Formula and up has individual adjustment for the top and bottom portion), I haven't heard anyone complain about the Raidens either. Picking on NOW? A first year product? Oh and even for a first year product I was more impressed than with Union. Yeah Rides web breaks, and somehow it doesn't effect the functionality. Which is why it"s the most popular mod to Unions.

Nice try.

Union needs to bring back the gen2 strap or shrink the one they have by 25%.

And your comment about Flux, why is it no one complains about their toe strap? Or toe ratchet? Or anything really? Oh right, cause anyone that doesn't like Union is just a hater.
ha, Union is the only company that you hear complaints about toe caps?
Strange, the toe caps on my OG Malavitas always slipped up over my boot, numerous times a day. Not enough to make it a huge issue, but I never had to deal with it when I was riding my Forces. I'm gonna give them another try with a pair of Infidels I got this season, so we'll see if it's still an issue. Hopefully not.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
i find it hilarious to compare Unions toe caps to ANYONE else's. For a binding specific company, it baffles me that their toe caps have ZERO rubber or anything to allow for friction on the inside. Instead, you get this goofy leather that looses any friction whatsoever as soon as it gets wet. Ive debated just buying burton toe caps to put on them, but I think its a shame that this "awesome" binding company needs toe caps just to make them work. Ive compared with ride, rome, flux, burton, k2, even gnu..every single toe cap makes more sense.
They hold my toe in place, perfectly fine. I don't need anything more than that.

haha why do you need friction on the inside, if you place them properly over the toe, it's going to hold it down, regardless of any "rubber" inside.


and it's completely laughable that you claim that Gnu has better toe caps than Union. That alone makes your post, and your opinion irrelevant for being such a dumb twat.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
They hold my toe in place, perfectly fine. I don't need anything more than that.

haha why do you need friction on the inside, if you place them properly over the toe, it's going to hold it down, regardless of any "rubber" inside.


and it's completely laughable that you claim that Gnu has better toe caps than Union. That alone makes your post, and your opinion irrelevant for being such a dumb twat.
Actually their toe strap works better. Union toe strap is a piece of shit, little fuck just laying there. does nothing and looks like it would fit my soccer shoes. Whether you admit it or not.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburn,CA
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Actually their toe strap works better. Union toe strap is a piece of shit, little fuck just laying there. does nothing and looks like it would fit my soccer shoes. Whether you admit it or not.
Have you ever rode a pair of unions, or owned them?
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctahoe View Post
Have you ever rode a pair of unions, or owned them?
Yep, 2009 forces. And dont tell me how the new toe strap is much better and solves everything.... please.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburn,CA
Posts: 403
Default

Not going to I was just curious. I had 2010 forces, didn't think they were anything special, but not horrible, never had an issue with the old toestrap, but yet to try the new design.
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Actually their toe strap works better. Union toe strap is a piece of shit, little fuck just laying there. does nothing and looks like it would fit my soccer shoes. Whether you admit it or not.
Have you ridden the Gnus?

I'd bet anything that you haven't haha, because if you did, you're a complete fucking idiot.
Those toe straps are awful, and fit terribly. Let alone the binding feels mushy and loose (I'm talking specifically about the rear entry ones, whatever they're called). Like the toe strap is the end all, be all of a binding anyway.

And the fact that you haven't even ridden the updated toe strap shows how ignorant you are. I hated the fact that they changed from the OG strap, I loved it. But apparently there were enough people complaining that Union decided to go with a new design, which fits more boot variations. Of course there are going to be outliers, but that's true with any binding company.

And if you're going to get into an argument with someone about the differences in gear, with actual riding experience on them, I'd suggest picking that fight with someone else.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
ha, Union is the only company that you hear complaints about toe caps?
Strange, the toe caps on my OG Malavitas always slipped up over my boot, numerous times a day. Not enough to make it a huge issue, but I never had to deal with it when I was riding my Forces. I'm gonna give them another try with a pair of Infidels I got this season, so we'll see if it's still an issue. Hopefully not.
Burton's isn't the best, that's fair. I never had an issue with mine, but I know a couple people that have. It is far less common than hearing people with Union toe strap problems though.

Good luck with the Infidels, the wings aren't really all that useful on the outside, but it is still my favorite binding from them ever. Using 30% short glass in that 2 piece frame was money. Dumbest idea to get rid of it.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Derp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Yep, 2009 forces. And dont tell me how the new toe strap is much better and solves everything.... please.
The new toe strap is much better and solves everything.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Burton's isn't the best, that's fair. I never had an issue with mine, but I know a couple people that have. It is far less common than hearing people with Union toe strap problems though.

Good luck with the Infidels, the wings aren't really all that useful on the outside, but it is still my favorite binding from them ever. Using 30% short glass in that 2 piece frame was money. Dumbest idea to get rid of it.
Burton's isn't the best is an understatement.....by far the most useless toe caps I have ever had and I was using them with a pair of Burton boots. My Unions ( both Atlas and Contact pro's) work great with Burton boots....figure that one out......
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums