Union Force PROBLEMS - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Derp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I was having toe strap issues with my new Force as well, but after spending a good couple hours on this thread (starting around this page) I was able to pretty much dial them in to perfection.

EasyLoungin

Toe strap is no longer riding over the top of my AF1 and I also have a much easier time releasing the strap.

Bottom line - not all boots fit the same in all bindings. I really had to tweak the shit out of them, but couldn't be happier that I took the time to do it.
Derp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
What's with Union and their toe caps! I hear they're good but there's always a complaint with the toe caps.
It's because they don't offer a true cap. Union won't offer a true cap because of legal issues (they don't hold the patent). Essentially the front lip of the Union cap doesn't curve inward. It's insignificant. Most of the problems people have are because of user error. I guess people really need fool proof gear now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jer View Post
Gonna disagree...... Union toe cap works great with square toe boots... sucks with rounded smooth toe boots. Union said issue was my Salomon boots and recommended I change my boot brand (to more of a boxed toed boot) to fix my issue with toe cap. To their credit they did offer to send older Force toe caps.
I'd have to disagree with this. I have boots with both rounded and boxed toes. They work great with both. I always hear the opposites of these arguments. One guy couldn't get it to work with the rounded toe but can with the boxed, the next guy can't get it to work with the boxed but can with the rounded. The new split cap is pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I was having toe strap issues with my new Force as well, but after spending a good couple hours on this thread (starting around this page) I was able to pretty much dial them in to perfection.

EasyLoungin

Toe strap is no longer riding over the top of my AF1 and I also have a much easier time releasing the strap.

Bottom line - not all boots fit the same in all bindings. I really had to tweak the shit out of them, but couldn't be happier that I took the time to do it.
Take the time, get it dialed in, and it's as good as any other. Unless you're just looking for a reason to bitch.
Extremo is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Chef Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I'd have to disagree with this. I have boots with both rounded and boxed toes. They work great with both. I always hear the opposites of these arguments. One guy couldn't get it to work with the rounded toe but can with the boxed, the next guy can't get it to work with the boxed but can with the rounded. The new split cap is pretty decent.
The recommendation to buy a more boxed toe boot came from Union to me in a PM.

I've got nothing against Union... outside of the toe strap they're my favorite bindings I've owned and rode. I rode my Cartel's last weekend and spent the whole time wishing I was on the Sl's. I've actually decided to keep the bindings and go frankenbindings.

Everyone can keep defending the toe strap but we don't see as many threads with people having issues with other companies toe strap.
Chef Jer is offline  
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think everyone should get over the fact the toe cap sucks on some shapes of boots

Last edited by seant46; 01-04-2013 at 08:15 AM.
seant46 is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 AM
jjz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im riding 2011 union forces and my bro is riding 2012 unions (forget which model).

We both struggled in the beginning but eventually we both subconsciously got better at it and now it pops off easy.

It also integrates perfecty with my 2012 Burton Grails
jjz is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well guys Thanks for the tips. Also thanks to union for EXCELLENT customer service! I emailed and had a reply within 24 hours saying they would send me new ratchets, new toe caps and ladders for free. All this happened within 48 hours! Very pleased with this service. I will keep tweaking the toecaps and try to get them right. Thanks again guys!

Current Setup
Burton Super Hero 2013 151cm, Union Force Bindings 2013, Burton Hail Boots.
Joe Coffee is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Coffee View Post
Well guys Thanks for the tips. Also thanks to union for EXCELLENT customer service! I emailed and had a reply within 24 hours saying they would send me new ratchets, new toe caps and ladders for free. All this happened within 48 hours! Very pleased with this service. I will keep tweaking the toecaps and try to get them right. Thanks again guys!
Good to hear about the service, happy shreddin!
seant46 is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bath, ME.
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After being extremely frustrated with the toe straps, one thing I found helpful is to just get them replaced. Unfortunately with my luck, I got shitty Burton ones that don't tighten all the way.. -.-
Snowboardit is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboardit View Post
After being extremely frustrated with the toe straps, one thing I found helpful is to just get them replaced. Unfortunately with my luck, I got shitty Burton ones that don't tighten all the way.. -.-
I did the same. Replaced my Atlas straps with Get-a-grip's. They don't tighten well and when you try they strip. I went back to the Atlas.

What didn't you like about the Force straps? I found this years to be their best rendition yet. It's got more of a curve to it than my Atlas strap does. I found it caps pretty snug.
Extremo is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
neshawnp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was helping a kid out last weekend, he had the union mc bindings, and the toe strap was stuck on maaaaaaaad tight. crazy tension, and he JUST bought them. carry an allen key with you, just in case. after a good while, way more then we should have spent, we were able to get em free.

"There is no road to happiness, happiness is the road." -Buddha

Matt 7:12 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


A tree has both straight and crooked branches; the symmetry of the tree, however, is perfect. Life is balanced like a tree. When you consider the struggles, difficulties, and sorrows as a part of it, then you see it as beautiful and perfect. George M. Lamsa
neshawnp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome