Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Union Atlas bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/53099-union-atlas-bindings.html)

JHeagz 01-05-2013 01:06 PM

Union Atlas bindings
 
I just picked these up and on my 2nd day the piece that screws in on the back of the high back to control the angle of forward lean popped off. Any thoughts on how I could get a new one and the screw that holds it in place? Thanks!

Chef Jer 01-05-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeagz (Post 561634)
I just picked these up and on my 2nd day the piece that screws in on the back of the high back to control the angle of forward lean popped off. Any thoughts on how I could get a new one and the screw that holds it in place? Thanks!

Contact Union. They will send you a new one:thumbsup:

JHeagz 01-05-2013 01:08 PM

Oh, and not sure if it's relevant, but I ordered them from evo

JHeagz 01-05-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Jer (Post 561636)
Contact Union. They will send you a new one:thumbsup:

Ok, makes sense. Thanks!

scotty100 01-05-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeagz (Post 561634)
I just picked these up and on my 2nd day the piece that screws in on the back of the high back to control the angle of forward lean popped off. Any thoughts on how I could get a new one and the screw that holds it in place? Thanks!

Same thing happened on my Rome Mob bindings. Rome sent me out a replacement. This sort of design for "tool-less" forward lean adjustment is found on a variety of bindings, including Rome and Union. I am not a fan of it at all. It's a weak point in the set-up and according to Rome can come loose very easily when riding. I would rather have a set up where I'm securely adjusting forward lean with the usual #2 or #3 philips screws to hold it in place, rather than this type of tool-less mechanism that you twist and adjust to hold.

Burton and Flux seem to have better tool-less forward lean adjustment on their bindings. My Malavitas are easy to adjust and have no twist mechanism design that will inevitably come loose and separate.

JHeagz 01-05-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty100 (Post 561664)
Same thing happened on my Rome Mob bindings. Rome sent me out a replacement. This sort of design for "tool-less" forward lean adjustment is found on a variety of bindings, including Rome and Union. I am not a fan of it at all. It's a weak point in the set-up and according to Rome can come loose very easily when riding. I would rather have a set up where I'm securely adjusting forward lean with the usual #2 or #3 philips screws to hold it in place, rather than this type of tool-less mechanism that you twist and adjust to hold.

Burton and Flux seem to have better tool-less forward lean adjustment on their bindings. My Malavitas are easy to adjust and have no twist mechanism design that will inevitably come loose and separate.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by how poorly designed that element was. It seemed like the screw was only one or two turns away from falling out. I think it popped off because the back of my binding was rubbing up against the foot rest on the lift. It wasn't too big of a deal though, I just moved the one in the back to the front binding where I need the lean a little more. I shot them an email. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Extremo 01-06-2013 06:29 AM

That thing popped off because you didn't tighten it. That thing is solid if it's set up properly.

Chef Jer 01-06-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 561886)
Word! This is also true with the Rome bindings. Now, the 2012 Targa forward lean adjust is a set screw and it does vibrate loose and back the forward lean off. The Blue loctite will solve the issue easily. The 2013 Targa I do believe that Rome used a slightly larger thread size for the set screw and has solved this issue.

The forward lean adjuster on my fiancees '12 madisons came off on the mountain this year. Emailed Rome and new part was shipped to us via UPS within 24 hrs:thumbsup: Most things like this can easily be solved just by contacting the manufacturer.

scotty100 01-06-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 561886)
Word! This is also true with the Rome bindings. Now, the 2012 Targa forward lean adjust is a set screw and it does vibrate loose and back the forward lean off. The Blue loctite will solve the issue easily. The 2013 Targa I do believe that Rome used a slightly larger thread size for the set screw and has solved this issue.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem with the '12 Mob. The forward lean has a set screw that when it comes loose is impossible to screw back in, it's too short. Hopefully they have sent me out a new longer version. Still not sold on this design though.

m0rph3us 01-20-2013 07:23 PM

Just spent 2.5 weeks riding a new pair of Union Atlas bindings. Not wild about them to be honest. The toe ratchet on one busted after 3 days (not the first time this happened to me with Union bindings), and the ankle straps were starting to show signs of wear a bit too quickly for my liking.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2