2013 union binding >HELP< - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #101 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
i hope they dont slip..


also, the paint on my acid green forces is shot..the plastic is one color, the metal another, the leather another, the padding another..and the heelcup is all chewed up
These neon colors are very difficult to work with, especially green. It's impossible to perfectly match colors of fabric, injected EVA, painted materials, and pigment plastic injection. Why is your heelcup "all chewed up"?

For the record, we don't have an issue with paint quality. Bindings are painted 1 by 1, by hand, by humans. There will always be a few bad ones due to human error. If there is an instance where things are chipping beyond normal wear and tear, the person is always taken care of. It's probably less than 20 people a year.

People who are upset about scratches and chinks from normal wear and tear are going to be upset with any binding they buy. You ever heard of a kid trying to return a skate deck because it got scratched up? It happens.

Yesterday I started having a problem with one of the doors on my car. I googled it, and found a forum for my exact car. Lots of people had the same issue, and several of them were pretty mad about it. "They've been making cars for 100 years - how can they screw up a door latch?" That's when I realized that the only reason any of the posters on there was due their specific problem with the door. There are probably millions of those cars on the road, and maybe .001% of them had this specific issue, yet the casual observer would assume this is a major problem, and a recall is in order. Same deal here. We sell a lot of bindings, and have less than 1% warranty return rate. That's the main reason Union has had success. 99% of snowboarders will take durability and safety over anything else. Taking care our customers has also been one of our main strengths since day one.

Thanks for reading, and go have FUN.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #102 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
These neon colors are very difficult to work with, especially green. It's impossible to perfectly match colors of fabric, injected EVA, painted materials, and pigment plastic injection. Why is your heelcup "all chewed up"?

For the record, we don't have an issue with paint quality. Bindings are painted 1 by 1, by hand, by humans. There will always be a few bad ones due to human error. If there is an instance where things are chipping beyond normal wear and tear, the person is always taken care of. It's probably less than 20 people a year.

People who are upset about scratches and chinks from normal wear and tear are going to be upset with any binding they buy. You ever heard of a kid trying to return a skate deck because it got scratched up? It happens.

Yesterday I started having a problem with one of the doors on my car. I googled it, and found a forum for my exact car. Lots of people had the same issue, and several of them were pretty mad about it. "They've been making cars for 100 years - how can they screw up a door latch?" That's when I realized that the only reason any of the posters on there was due their specific problem with the door. There are probably millions of those cars on the road, and maybe .001% of them had this specific issue, yet the casual observer would assume this is a major problem, and a recall is in order. Same deal here. We sell a lot of bindings, and have less than 1% warranty return rate. That's the main reason Union has had success. 99% of snowboarders will take durability and safety over anything else. Taking care our customers has also been one of our main strengths since day one.

Thanks for reading, and go have FUN.
I can totally appreciate where you're coming from and you make a fair point. You have to remember that your 1% warranty return rate has other factors involved - for instance, for me, i wouldve dont the warranty return but I cant wait 2-3 weeks for my bindings to come back to me from Seattle. Also, many people probably find a fix to the issues themselves rather than look for a warranty - similar to what you did searching on google. I'm not saying you make a bad product, but anyone would agree there is always room for improvement and the issues that I've had seem to echo others problems as well.
I can understand how difficult it is to match that green in multiple different materials, but as time has gone on, you can definitely see that the plastic has faded to a more yellow color, as have the perforated leather straps. That's okay though, cosmetics are secondary and anything that gets that much use is going to take a beating, especially outdoors. I don't know why my heelcups are all chewed up..I'm far from a pro rider, but I don't spend much time falling down either..
Id really love to say at the end of the everything that I was able to make the Unions work and that in the end I was happy with them - that'd be my ultimate goal. Not to complain, but to get the product that I'd heard about and hoped for.
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #103 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
im just going to go back to cartels or missions..since the missions are basically last years cartels. i just feel like if you have an issue with Union, you get bashed on for it. I'm clearly not the only one having these problems, and I'm sure not everyone is using the same boot as me.
I don't have a sullen life, but considering you're sitting in front of a computer also, what's your excuse? I'm letting people know my personal experience with my bindings..not everyone is made of money and can just go and grab a new set of bindings or boots when they're unhappy with the product.
Again, im not pissing over anything..if people asked me about my board or boot experience id be just as honest..for better or worse
I too have a job...which is why I'm sitting in front of a computer. So if you would get over it already, I've got billings that need to be done. Besides, aren't you also sitting in front a computer?

I'm just pointing out, that, in my experience with Union, which has been relatively extensive, I haven't been able to replicate this problem (which is why I'm more than happy with the product) and suspect that you may be doing something wrong, especially considering, in most cases of someone coming here for advice it turns out to be someone with little experience with the product and their problem is easily resolved. I just find it odd that I ride these same bindings 3-4 times a week and still haven't experienced any of these issues. Like Union said, you may be in that 1%.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #104 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
I can totally appreciate where you're coming from and you make a fair point. You have to remember that your 1% warranty return rate has other factors involved - for instance, for me, i wouldve dont the warranty return but I cant wait 2-3 weeks for my bindings to come back to me from Seattle. Also, many people probably find a fix to the issues themselves rather than look for a warranty - similar to what you did searching on google. I'm not saying you make a bad product, but anyone would agree there is always room for improvement and the issues that I've had seem to echo others problems as well.
I can understand how difficult it is to match that green in multiple different materials, but as time has gone on, you can definitely see that the plastic has faded to a more yellow color, as have the perforated leather straps. That's okay though, cosmetics are secondary and anything that gets that much use is going to take a beating, especially outdoors. I don't know why my heelcups are all chewed up..I'm far from a pro rider, but I don't spend much time falling down either..
Id really love to say at the end of the everything that I was able to make the Unions work and that in the end I was happy with them - that'd be my ultimate goal. Not to complain, but to get the product that I'd heard about and hoped for.
Well, let us know if we can help with anything.

Just FYI, we normally just ask for a photo of the issue. That way you aren't waiting for FedEx to drive back and forth across the country.

Also, every single Union dealer is given FREE spare parts kits. These kits have buckles, heelcups, ladders, all hardware, forward lean adjusters, toe straps, ankle connectors, and probably a few other things i'm not thinking of. They are asked to take care of ANY Union customer, regardless of where the bindings were purchased.

So, long story long... If your heelcup is not properly working, call us for a new one, or go in your local shop. Either way, you won't miss a day on snow.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #105 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I too have a job...which is why I'm sitting in front of a computer. So if you would get over it already, I've got billings that need to be done. Besides, aren't you also sitting in front a computer?

I'm just pointing out, that, in my experience with Union, which has been relatively extensive, I haven't been able to replicate this problem (which is why I'm more than happy with the product) and suspect that you may be doing something wrong, especially considering, in most cases of someone coming here for advice it turns out to be someone with little experience with the product and their problem is easily resolved. I just find it odd that I ride these same bindings 3-4 times a week and still haven't experienced any of these issues. Like Union said, you may be in that 1%.
yup, im also at work sitting in front of my computer.

and im glad things have worked well for you with union..maybe my boot size isnt compatible with their bindings, maybe im part of the 1%, maybe i just got a really crappy set of toe caps..i dont know the answer, and i dont feel that i should need to justify myself based on my experiences. i paid good money for the bindings and was super stoked about them - i have no desire to complain about them, id much rather be loving them and saying nothing but good things.
I wouldn't say anything negatively about a company unless I felt that it was warranted, and after trying literally every setting on my bindings, they just dont work over the toe box.
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #106 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
Well, let us know if we can help with anything.

Just FYI, we normally just ask for a photo of the issue. That way you aren't waiting for FedEx to drive back and forth across the country.

Also, every single Union dealer is given FREE spare parts kits. These kits have buckles, heelcups, ladders, all hardware, forward lean adjusters, toe straps, ankle connectors, and probably a few other things i'm not thinking of. They are asked to take care of ANY Union customer, regardless of where the bindings were purchased.

So, long story long... If your heelcup is not properly working, call us for a new one, or go in your local shop. Either way, you won't miss a day on snow.
i appreciate that. i bought the bindings at zumiez and despite beings friends with the managers, when i told them my issues, they didnt mention anything about having spare parts of replacement parts. where would you suggest i go in central nj?
whats your phone # again? i can definitely take pics, but the guy i spoke with on the phone told me id need to send the bindings in to them. thats what initially turned me off from any warranty work - im 3000 miles away lol
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #107 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
I don't know why my heelcups are all chewed up..I'm far from a pro rider, but I don't spend much time falling down either..
Have you ever seen a a set of Raiden's or 390's after one season? They look worse than my 5 year old Forces. For a metal binding, Union holds up pretty well.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #108 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
i appreciate that. i bought the bindings at zumiez and despite beings friends with the managers, when i told them my issues, they didnt mention anything about having spare parts of replacement parts. where would you suggest i go in central nj?
whats your phone # again? i can definitely take pics, but the guy i spoke with on the phone told me id need to send the bindings in to them. thats what initially turned me off from any warranty work - im 3000 miles away lol
Check your PM
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #109 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Have you ever seen a a set of Raiden's or 390's after one season? They look worse than my 5 year old Forces. For a metal binding, Union holds up pretty well.
My 390's looked like shit after two days on snow...
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #110 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

gracias, thanks!
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums