2013 union binding >HELP< - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Derp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 239
Default

Bought the new Force this year on a recommendation. Absolutely hated them for the first couple weeks.

Instead of pissing and moaning though I researched threads. Search function over and over again on several different sites.

Took me another couple weeks to finally dial them in. Little by little through trial and error. I'm not gonna lie, it was a bitch. Pretty damn happy now and the more I beat the shit out of them the better they seem to fit.

Would I recommend them to someone else? Not unless they wore the exact same boot I wore and in the exact same size. I probably wouldn't even buy another pair in the future unless I started seeing a lot less threads like this.

That being said, people need to realize that shit don't often fit perfect right out of the box.

As far as paint chipping, ffs it's snowboarding, not ballet. If you are more worried about how you look then how you ride then you likely buy your shit from Zumiez.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
jennifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
As far as paint chipping, ffs it's snowboarding, not ballet. If you are more worried about how you look then how you ride then you likely buy your shit from Zumiez.
Not saying I am more worried about how I look than how I ride. What I am saying is that I spent a lot of money on my bindings, I have used them 3 times...on a bunny hill. NO reason for them to be chipping already. I think for what we spend on gear we should be able to expect it to ride well AND look good for more than 5 minutes. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Also...I did ballet for 10 years, and no serious ballerina cares more about looks than function. In ballet you buy a pair of expensive new toe shoes...and then you proceed to beat the hell out of them, burn them, rip them just to make them more functional on your feet. So you should not compare things you know nothing about.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
atr3yu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson, BC
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Not saying I am more worried about how I look than how I ride. What I am saying is that I spent a lot of money on my bindings, I have used them 3 times...on a bunny hill. NO reason for them to be chipping already. I think for what we spend on gear we should be able to expect it to ride well AND look good for more than 5 minutes. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Also...I did ballet for 10 years, and no serious ballerina cares more about looks than function. In ballet you buy a pair of expensive new toe shoes...and then you proceed to beat the hell out of them, burn them, rip them just to make them more functional on your feet. So you should not compare things you know nothing about.
I agree, I would like them to look good for awhile if possible. Helps on resale value. I don't have many days on my Capos yet, but I have hit a few trees, rocks, ate shit a few times, they look flawless. In fact I still haven't torn the toe webbing.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Proving once again you're a dumbass.

Don't fret, these two have been hardcore Union haters for years now. I always find it's funny they go ape shit over product that uses the same exact designs, yet takes any chance they get to shit on Union. You know what they say about turds of a feather...

BA use to shit all over brands back in his elsnowboardo days...he use to get flamed to shit back then, it was pretty f'n hilarious do watch him get douched on a daily basis. Which is why you shouldn't listen to gear whores when it comes to product. Listen to people who actually buy their shit. When you've got skin in the game you take the time to pay attention do good product, which is why I'm still riding Union. Some of the garbage these guys orgasm over is embarrassing to snowboarding.
Funny I remember you biting your pillow and crying over your lack of knowledge or informed decision making. Also repeatedly being owned because your blind fanboyism clouds your judgement. I know this is a hard concept but when everyone says the same thing about a product having a fault and continually saying why can't they fix this and the brand ignores it, then it's the brands fault to recognize that they need to fix the problem. Hell by your own admission in other threads you recommend swapping the toe straps out for another brands. So are you admitting it's faulty as well or can Union do no wrong?

Let me give you a little history lesson here Extremo and you can look this up. Martino Fumagali (sp) and George Kleckner (pretty sure there's 2 other guys in there as well think Bob Gungam and Johan) worked for Drake during its heyday in the late 90's early 00's before the brand decided to shove its head up its ass.

Those guys made in my opinion some of the best bindings at that time because you were limited to Preston/Ride (Crap), K2 (explosive crap) Burton (plastics that ate themselves and ratchets that exploded, also had a weird fit on bulkier boots), Technine (explosive bindings), and a few others. It was during this time period Drake was pretty much on everyone's feet if you weren't sponsored by another company. At that time definitely the most durable binding.

These guys left and formed Union which is why the design cues are very similar. The problem is that a majority of their design ideas haven't changed since then. All one has to do is look at the fucking ratchets. Sure they worked back then but things have gotten so much better since then. Now you can sit around and not care about progression, but me personally I like having an iPhone over a Zach Morris brick, I like a Ps3 over a NES, and I definitely like bindings that are minimalistic but have increased functionality.

So Jr. what do you have to say to all that?

Now for 2014 supposedly there's a drastic overhaul on their binding line. I'm curious to see what's changed and to see if they've addressed the heel cup slip issues, ratchets, toe strap fit, that lame ass piece in the highback that sits between the strap and highback that seizes up on new bindings, as well as the dampening, and then there's my personal favorite the double ejection factor on the bindings. Would I be willing to try them? Yeah it's been a few years since I bothered to give a fuck about hopping on some Unions.

Normally I avoid getting into it with dipshits of your diminished mental capacity these days, but I felt compelled to speak up against your blind fanboyism. Also before you say Nivek is a full on hater, kid owned 3 pairs for his personal set ups over the years and had all those issues, yet continued to ride them till he had that big revelation you never will because your extra chromosomes hinder your thought process and bought some real bindings.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!

Last edited by BurtonAvenger; 01-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

After reading this thread I emailed C3 yesterday about not having a release lever on the Union toe ratchets, which would solve the problem of them being difficult to release. I expect they already knew, but I also mentioned it was their most common complaint in most of the reviews I've seen.

They came back today with this:

"This is handled for next season. Thanks for the feedback."



Problem solved. ...Hopefully.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Funny I remember you biting your pillow and crying over your lack of knowledge or informed decision making. Also repeatedly being owned because your blind fanboyism clouds your judgement. I know this is a hard concept but when everyone says the same thing about a product having a fault and continually saying why can't they fix this and the brand ignores it, then it's the brands fault to recognize that they need to fix the problem. Hell by your own admission in other threads you recommend swapping the toe straps out for another brands. So are you admitting it's faulty as well or can Union do no wrong?

Let me give you a little history lesson here Extremo and you can look this up. Martino Fumagali (sp) and George Kleckner (pretty sure there's 2 other guys in there as well think Bob Gungam and Johan) worked for Drake during its heyday in the late 90's early 00's before the brand decided to shove its head up its ass.

Those guys made in my opinion some of the best bindings at that time because you were limited to Preston/Ride (Crap), K2 (explosive crap) Burton (plastics that ate themselves and ratchets that exploded, also had a weird fit on bulkier boots), Technine (explosive bindings), and a few others. It was during this time period Drake was pretty much on everyone's feet if you weren't sponsored by another company. At that time definitely the most durable binding.

These guys left and formed Union which is why the design cues are very similar. The problem is that a majority of their design ideas haven't changed since then. All one has to do is look at the fucking ratchets. Sure they worked back then but things have gotten so much better since then. Now you can sit around and not care about progression, but me personally I like having an iPhone over a Zach Morris brick, I like a Ps3 over a NES, and I definitely like bindings that are minimalistic but have increased functionality.

So Jr. what do you have to say to all that?

Now for 2014 supposedly there's a drastic overhaul on their binding line. I'm curious to see what's changed and to see if they've addressed the heel cup slip issues, ratchets, toe strap fit, that lame ass piece in the highback that sits between the strap and highback that seizes up on new bindings, as well as the dampening, and then there's my personal favorite the double ejection factor on the bindings. Would I be willing to try them? Yeah it's been a few years since I bothered to give a fuck about hopping on some Unions.

Normally I avoid getting into it with dipshits of your diminished mental capacity these days, but I felt compelled to speak up against your blind fanboyism. Also before you say Nivek is a full on hater, kid owned 3 pairs for his personal set ups over the years and had all those issues, yet continued to ride them till he had that big revelation you never will because your extra chromosomes hinder your thought process and bought some real bindings.
Thank you for regurgitating the same story that has been all over the web for the last 7 years.

You know what else drake used 15 years ago? A baseplate, also an ankle strap, also a heel loop. You're an idiot. There are 2 types of toe ratchets on the market, 2 piece and 3 piece. You're telling me Rome, Raiden, Ride, and Union, who all use this design, have failed to innovate? I actually find this design to be superior to the other. But, to each their own.

4 years ago Union had a problem with their toe ratchet sticking. I still have them. They redesigned them the next year. Now it's the strongest ratchet design on the market. The one heel cup slipping problem was on this forum and caused by user error, never heard of it again. Toe strap is redesigned, works perfectly. Dampening is perfect, I know you like inch thick pillows under your feet, but that's because your a pussy. I prefer to actually feel my binding. Double ejection? What's that about no pic didn't happen? This doubly applies to you.

Remember back int he snowboard.com days when 90% of what came out of your mouth was entirely made up? Looks like you're just the same old tard. Which is too bad. If you only had some credibility left, I'd actually think you had some value. Instead you're a waste of time.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
After reading this thread I emailed C3 yesterday about not having a release lever on the Union toe ratchets, which would solve the problem of them being difficult to release. I expect they already knew, but I also mentioned it was their most common complaint in most of the reviews I've seen.

They came back today with this:

"This is handled for next season. Thanks for the feedback."



Problem solved. ...Hopefully.
I hope they don't do anything to the ratchet. It's perfect exactly how it is.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I hope they don't do anything to the ratchet. It's perfect exactly how it is.
That's true, but adding a release lever would only mean a new mold of the same release part but with a perpendicular extension piece (lever).

You could still release it the same way they do now if they did add the lever, if you preferred.
The actual release piece would be exactly the same but with more material so it could be pulled directly form outside the ratchet housing. It wouldn't change the performance of the ratchet one bit. It would just give it an easier way to open.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Thank you for regurgitating the same story that has been all over the web for the last 7 years.

You know what else drake used 15 years ago? A baseplate, also an ankle strap, also a heel loop. You're an idiot. There are 2 types of toe ratchets on the market, 2 piece and 3 piece. You're telling me Rome, Raiden, Ride, and Union, who all use this design, have failed to innovate? I actually find this design to be superior to the other. But, to each their own.

4 years ago Union had a problem with their toe ratchet sticking. I still have them. They redesigned them the next year. Now it's the strongest ratchet design on the market. The one heel cup slipping problem was on this forum and caused by user error, never heard of it again. Toe strap is redesigned, works perfectly. Dampening is perfect, I know you like inch thick pillows under your feet, but that's because your a pussy. I prefer to actually feel my binding. Double ejection? What's that about no pic didn't happen? This doubly applies to you.

Remember back int he snowboard.com days when 90% of what came out of your mouth was entirely made up? Looks like you're just the same old tard. Which is too bad. If you only had some credibility left, I'd actually think you had some value. Instead you're a waste of time.
I see you're still butt hurt about being owned so bad for the last decade. What's it like waking up every day and realizing you suck at life.

Yes because I just ride around with a camera taking photos of everyone riding all the time. Unlike you I actually fucking ride.

Hmm looking at the Union ratchets and the Rome, Flux, Flow, Raiden, Ride and Burton ratchets I have here I can see the complete differences. How are you so inept at looking at it and going a push down release is not the same as a lever release. Then again you're the same guy that comprehend that all these people with the same problem on the same products must be right. Hmm consensus must be a hard thing to understand. I think those extra chromosomes from your mom being your cousin haven't helped.

Don't get so bent because people see through your blind fanboyism and lack of understanding anything.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
That's true, but adding a release lever would only mean a new mold of the same release part but with a perpendicular extension piece (lever).

You could still release it the same way they do now if they did add the lever, if you preferred.
The actual release piece would be exactly the same but with more material so it could be pulled directly form outside the ratchet housing. It wouldn't change the performance of the ratchet one bit. It would just give it an easier way to open.
There already is an easy way to open it. Pressing and lifting simultaneously. It's just as easy without the lever as it is with it. Just some people for whatever reason can't seem to figure it out. Low IQ? Who knows.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums