2014 Union Catalog is up! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,272
Default

I'll be the first "hater" to comment on the new line then.

The only thing I see that I wasn't fond of before that didn't change is the heel dampening section in the Atlas base. And that is more of a personal thing that I don't consider to necessarily be a "design flaw". There is a very simple fix for my issue with it, but still.

New toe ratchet, new toe strap, canting in at least 1 model as far as I can tell, heel dampening in the Force, the Flite Pro looks rad as shit...

Kudos Union. This could be a very good year for you. I would really like a chance to ride some.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
24WERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 449
Default

The toe strap is a easy fix. Get a burton gettacap toe buckle and solve both problems the toe and the buckle.
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24WERD View Post
The toe strap is a easy fix. Get a burton gettacap toe buckle and solve both problems the toe and the buckle.
Why is this comment necessary?
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Looks like the site is down now? I can't see the catalog anymore
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
Looks like the site is down now? I can't see the catalog anymore
Nothing major, just a few upgrades. Canting on a higher end model being the most intriguing. Toe strap lever for those who were having a problem with it. New colorways, tweaks to a couple of high back designs. Still your standard Union craftsmanship.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Nothing major, just a few upgrades. Canting on a higher end model being the most intriguing. Toe strap lever for those who were having a problem with it. New colorways, tweaks to a couple of high back designs. Still your standard Union craftsmanship.
canting is something I have been waiting for! Will the UNION Forces be getting canting or no?
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 261
Default Union Catalog

I asked them to take it down yesterday for a few reasons.

For one, it is important for us to promote the product that can be found at your local snowboard shop right now.

Secondly, we have some exciting things for next season that we would rather have people see in person. All new Force, all new Contact Pro, the new Factory binding, and improvement across the whole line.

Third, we still believe in the idea that holding a catalog in your hand is better than an online, low resolution flip book.

I don't mind of those guys put the book online in a couple months, but right now is just too soon.

Hope you guys understand.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
I asked them to take it down yesterday for a few reasons.

For one, it is important for us to promote the product that can be found at your local snowboard shop right now.

Secondly, we have some exciting things for next season that we would rather have people see in person. All new Force, all new Contact Pro, the new Factory binding, and improvement across the whole line.

Third, we still believe in the idea that holding a catalog in your hand is better than an online, low resolution flip book.

I don't mind of those guys put the book online in a couple months, but right now is just too soon.

Hope you guys understand.
I 100% understand. I will be getting new Bindings next year becasue this is my third year with my 2011 yellow forces and they have held up great, but time to upgrade! The whole reason I didnt by new bindings this year was because of canting and glad to see that next year will be having this!
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

So tell me, Extremo... what do you think of the new toe ratchet? (if you saw it)
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
So tell me, Extremo... what do you think of the new toe ratchet? (if you saw it)
It's the same ratchet, just with a dummy lever added.

Personally I'm not a fan of how it looks. The low profile of the binding is what appealed to me when Union first came out and I thought they did a good job redesigning the second generation lever that I'm riding now, in both aesthetics and function.

Fortunately they're not on every model, and I have enough of them that I can swap them out on new bindings, not to mention you'll still be able to buy them on C3. I know a lot of people were asking for it so I understand why they added it. Ride had to go the same route for the same reason.

Plus Snowolf brought up a good point. A lever provides a tether release point when you're in the backcountry. I don't ride backcountry so it doesn't really effect me, but to those who do, I'm sure it adds a much needed function to the binding.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums