2014 Union Catalog is up! - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Anyone know what pricing is going to be for everything this year?
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
Anyone know what pricing is going to be for everything this year?
Expensive.
__________________
This is a tasty burger.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
Anyone know what pricing is going to be for everything this year?
Specifically what?
Most stuff has stayed the same price.

With Capita, there was more price movement due to the introduction of some new models, but Union has stayed fairly constant.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Specifically what?
Most stuff has stayed the same price.

With Capita, there was more price movement due to the introduction of some new models, but Union has stayed fairly constant.
Alka is correct. No price increases with Union.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,057
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I picked up a set of the Union Force DLX Asadachi bindings back in...I think it was 06? Those and the Burton Cartels I bought the year before (1st yr they introduced the toecap) were the most expensive bindings I'd ever bought. I like alot of aspects of the binding from form to function, even image, but found more and more problems with them and got rid of them after 2 seasons. I've stood by observing their minor tweaks year after year that never really addressed any problems of any consequence, so it's about damn time they are putting out some more thorough redesigns/upgrades for next year. I'm almost tempted to think about looking into the Atlas or Force for 2014!
__________________
15 NS Ripsaw . 14 NS Proto HD . 14 NS Cobra . 13 Gnu Space Case EC2 . 2013 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 02-10-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
I picked up a set of the Union Force DLX Asadachi bindings back in...I think it was 06? Those and the Burton Cartels I bought the year before (1st yr they introduced the toecap) were the most expensive bindings I'd ever bought. I like alot of aspects of the binding from form to function, even image, but found more and more problems with them and got rid of them after 2 seasons. I've stood by observing their minor tweaks year after year that never really addressed any problems of any consequence, so it's about damn time they are putting out some more thorough redesigns/upgrades for next year. I'm almost tempted to think about looking into the Atlas or Force for 2014!
UNION makes the most durable binding on the market in my opinion, but one of the most uncomfortable also. Compared to riding my buddies 2012 Burton cartels it was night and day. The cartels seem pretty durable, but being all plastic I doubt they would last as long as my unions, but there toe strap, ankle strap and footbed were much better then unions. With the new pro model having canting this year and now having a 3D ankle strap they should be much better!
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: wolfville N.S. canada
Posts: 37
Default

how stiff are travis rice's bindings going to be compared to the chargers?
__________________
11. 163 oxess with Co2's(hoping to get rome targas)
10. 167 volkl coal with union force
09. 159 burton vapor with co2's
10. 153 Rome Artifact 1985 with Burton custom's
powispow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powispow View Post
how stiff are travis rice's bindings going to be compared to the chargers?
The Factory is not as stiff as the Charger. Less carbon all the way around. It's still a stiff binding though.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Is there more padding or "dampening" on the 2014 UNION Forces? Im excited to upgrade my 2011 forces to next years model, but I was just wondering if the binding was a little more damp now.
__________________
Board: LIB Tech SKate Banana
Bindings: UNION Force
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM Two
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
Is there more padding or "dampening" on the 2014 UNION Forces? Im excited to upgrade my 2011 forces to next years model, but I was just wondering if the binding was a little more damp now.
Yes, they are quite a bit more damp. Way more EVA on the base.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums