Problem With Rome 390 Boss - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
I apologize for offending you in some way. Well going as fast as i was my feeble feet and tiny ankles dont have the strumph to rock my board onto its edge by itself. I needed the support of my highbacks because my boots are in the softer range also. Like i said, the high speed was a huge factor and otherwise i can handle a heelside stop.
Thanks for the attitude though guy.
I wasn't giving you attitude and I definitely didn't mean to insult you. You also didn't offend me. I'm saying what you typed isn't clear. Even if your highback is broken unless it's snapped off the hinge you'll just be in the neutral position. How were you not able to lean back from a neutral position? I can and do ride while bombing with a zero degree highback position and I know other's do as well. Did your highbacks break off? Or did the ratchet just break? If it's the latter, you should have just leaned back more, if it's the former I completely empathize with you and that's shitty that they broke off.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 02:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
You can heelside without a highback. How do you think Now IPO's work when they are ridden without highbacks? You should have been flexing your feet if your highbacks were having issues. That's a rider fault as much as it is the bindings fault.

I also don't quiet get what you are saying, did the highback snap off? Even if the adjuster wasn't working the highback isn't going to disappear it'll just default to a neutral position..looking at my highbacks on my 390s as we speak.
Even if the high back was in a neutral position it would throw me off.
I am use to riding with an extreme forward lean.

When the highback goes neutral, it throws me off.
dopeythatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 210
Default

I have had these same problems with my 390 Boss.

- the toe adjuster (opposite the ratchet) releases and the toe strap comes loose. This happens mid-run and I am always afraid it will happen.

-the ratchet adjuster does not lock on when cranking the lever. This has happened to me three times, and each time it kinda just fixed itself but it took forever and kept me from riding completely

-high back adjuster coming loose. This happens frequently, and especially when I wipeout a couple times on a run.

Last edited by onthefence; 01-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
I have had these same problems with my 390 Boss.

- the toe adjuster (opposite the ratchet) releases and the toe strap comes loose. This happens mid-run and I am always afraid it will happen.

-the ratchet adjuster does not lock on when cranking the lever. This has happened to me three times, and each time it kinda just fixed itself.

-high back adjuster coming loose. This happens frequently, and especially when I wipeout a couple times on a run.
Did Rome do anything for you?

I contacted them, still no reply.
dopeythatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
que
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greensburg, Pa
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeythatme View Post
Even if the high back was in a neutral position it would throw me off.
I am use to riding with an extreme forward lean.

When the highback goes neutral, it throws me off.
to clarify, yes it was in a neutral position and ^^^ the above post sums it up for me. when split seconds count at that rate of speed and every movement becomes magnified i was expecting my highback to be there to support me and help me tilt the board back and it wasnt where it should have been (run-on sentence?). not saying its impossible to do but things can certainly go wrong in a hurry when shit doesnt respond the way it should.
que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
to clarify, yes it was in a neutral position and ^^^ the above post sums it up for me. when split seconds count at that rate of speed and every movement becomes magnified i was expecting my highback to be there to support me and help me tilt the board back and it wasnt where it should have been (run-on sentence?). not saying its impossible to do but things can certainly go wrong in a hurry when shit doesnt respond the way it should.
Okay now I follow. I wasn't trying to dog you dude.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Default

My ankle strap kept popping off on both sides when a lot of pressure was applied. My toe straps seem to be fine at the moment. I contacted Rome and they sent me out new ladders and ratchets. I have yet to be out on them, but I'm hoping it fixes the problem. I really like the bindings so I'm hoping this resolves the problem.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
I have had these same problems with my 390 Boss.

- the toe adjuster (opposite the ratchet) releases and the toe strap comes loose. This happens mid-run and I am always afraid it will happen.

-the ratchet adjuster does not lock on when cranking the lever. This has happened to me three times, and each time it kinda just fixed itself but it took forever and kept me from riding completely

-high back adjuster coming loose. This happens frequently, and especially when I wipeout a couple times on a run.
Contact Rome if you haven't.

I had the issue show up again yesterday with my right toe cap, the side they didn't replace and also the side that was the least problematic. The side they did replace was only because that side came completely off and they sent me a new one. Haven't had a problem with that side at all yet. I'd prefer they send me another one for my right side so that it doesn't come off during a run and cause some serious problems. At least now both sides aren't popping loose so I'm not as worried as before, only the side they didn't replace.

Rode today too, no problems with the bindings but I took it easy with only a couple quick runs through the park.

If any of the guys at Rome are reading this, my guess is there was a bad batch? I don't know, but I'm willing to send right side in to have you guys check it out if you guys send me a replacement. Which I'll ask Carl for once he gets back to me. I did offer to buy a replacement but was declined, so it'll seem odd now that I'm requesting a flat out replacement or swap - but it is what it is as I'm still having issues.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdn View Post
Contact Rome if you haven't.

I had the issue show up again yesterday with my right toe cap, the side they didn't replace and also the side that was the least problematic. The side they did replace was only because that side came completely off and they sent me a new one. Haven't had a problem with that side at all yet. I'd prefer they send me another one for my right side so that it doesn't come off during a run and cause some serious problems. At least now both sides aren't popping loose so I'm not as worried as before, only the side they didn't replace.

Rode today too, no problems with the bindings but I took it easy with only a couple quick runs through the park.

If any of the guys at Rome are reading this, my guess is there was a bad batch? I don't know, but I'm willing to send right side in to have you guys check it out if you guys send me a replacement. Which I'll ask Carl for once he gets back to me. I did offer to buy a replacement but was declined, so it'll seem odd now that I'm requesting a flat out replacement or swap - but it is what it is as I'm still having issues.
I'm honestly surprise Rome hasnt posted on this yet.
dopeythatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 345
Default

Same.

I'm still hoping to hear back from Carl or anyone via Email.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
390 boss, ankle strap opening, boss, problems, rome

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums