Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Big Shout-Out to Ride Customer Service! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/58770-big-shout-out-ride-customer-service.html)

Big Foot 01-25-2013 09:01 AM

Big Shout-Out to Ride Customer Service!
 
I know it's a well known fact that Ride has good customer service, but I just wanted to share my recent expirience.

I have a pair of 2012 Ride Capo bindings and the toe caps on them had started to fray pretty badly. I sent Ride an email on Thursday of last week explaining the situation and they said they will send out a new pair no problem. They were waiting on my porch when I got home from work last night :). With their extremely fast no questions asked customer service, I will not hesitate to continue to purchase Ride products in the future.

EDIT: Just to clarify, they sent me a new pair of toe caps, not a new pair of bindings. The toe caps are easily replaceable as they are just held on by screws.

Extremo 01-25-2013 09:35 AM

You didn't have to send your original set back?

Donutz 01-25-2013 09:46 AM

I've had similarly good experience with them when I needed a new cable for my Jackson Boas.

Big Foot 01-25-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 633154)
You didn't have to send your original set back?

Nope. Which is awesome because I'm planning on using my current set until they get really bad, and then just swapping them out.

Extremo 01-25-2013 10:10 AM

That is awesome customer service.

I'm having a hard time with Celsius customer service right now. One of the lace locks on the speedlace system doesn't hold the lace so I'm literally riding a loose boot right now. I've had them for less than a year. They made me track down my order from the place I bought it (I didn't save the reciept), take a picture of it, and now they want me to ship it to them so they can determine whether or not they can repair them or if they will replace them.

Not really wasting my time (2-3 weeks with no boots in the middle of the season) or money ($30 to ship) for a defective product (all other locks are in working order). I'm pretty pissed off right now. Kudos to Ride.

bseracka 01-25-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 633154)
You didn't have to send your original set back?

I think he's talking about the toe caps, not new bindings.

Big Foot 01-25-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 633338)
I think he's talking about the toe caps, not new bindings.

Yes new toe caps, not new bindings. I reread my origional post and saw that might have been a little ambiguous. My bad.

Extremo 01-25-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Foot (Post 633370)
Yes new toe caps, not new bindings. I reread my origional post and saw that might have been a little ambiguous. My bad.

Oh I see. But I'm still pretty pissed off that I have to pay for a defective product. They should be eating the $80 it costs to make a new pair instead of me having to shuck out $30 and miss half my season just so the might replace them.

But still. Kudos to Ride and companies with good customer service.

Big Foot 01-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 633530)
Oh I see. But I'm still pretty pissed off that I have to pay for a defective product. They should be eating the $80 it costs to make a new pair instead of me having to shuck out $30 and miss half my season just so the might replace them.

But still. Kudos to Ride and companies with good customer service.

Yeah I hear you on that. That's pretty ridiculous to have to sit out while they determine if they want to fix their defective product :( at a $30 cost to you.

Donutz 01-25-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Foot (Post 633538)
Yeah I hear you on that. That's pretty ridiculous to have to sit out while they determine if they want to fix their defective product :( at a $30 cost to you.

For situations like this, :mad: or :RantExplode: isn't good enough. We need a middle-finger motie. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2