Union Contact Bindings setup instructions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Union Contact Bindings setup instructions?

yo.

i have the black and yellow ones from a season ago.

are there any online instructions one how to set these up. or can anyone upload one up?

ive seen the setup vids on youtube but none of these show what setting to have them on as to your boot size.

thanks
latenight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Derp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Why don't you mention what your boot size is and someone with the same set up might be able to help.
Derp is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
size 6.5uk & 7uk

sure they will use the same setting
latenight is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boot profiles differ from model to model. Set them up however they work best.
Extremo is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight View Post
size 6.5uk & 7uk

sure they will use the same setting
Center the baseplates on the board. Center the boots using the heel loop adjustment. Set up the toe straps and ankle straps so that there is 1/2 of teeth showing on the ladder when they are tight. Done.
Extremo is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok thanks, ill just have ago tonight with a bit of trial and error watching one of the youtube vids, just wondered if anyone happened to know if there was a online version of the instructions
latenight is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight View Post
ok thanks, ill just have ago tonight with a bit of trial and error watching one of the youtube vids, just wondered if anyone happened to know if there was a online version of the instructions
Another thing to also pay attention to with these is to make sure the toe strap is in the right position in the baseplate. If you have it in the outermost slot the toe strap will sit on the boot over the top. If it you want it to sit more like a cap you'll have to place it in the inner-most slot. This has caused some frustration for Union owners in the past.
Extremo is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Another thing to also pay attention to with these is to make sure the toe strap is in the right position in the baseplate. If you have it in the outermost slot the toe strap will sit on the boot over the top. If it you want it to sit more like a cap you'll have to place it in the inner-most slot. This has caused some frustration for Union owners in the past.
ok so i had a go at this last night,

i have nike boots and hear they are usually longer then any other boot.

so I managed to put them so they have equal heel and toe.

I put it on the middle setting on the heel and the toe bit on the most forward setting.

but i could also put the heel on the furthest outer setting and the front base on the middle section.

either way the boot sits in the middle.

does it matter which variation?

with the toe cap, how do most people ride? Extremo what is the frustration with riders?

i think i would like it to sit above rather then at the end.

if anyone could advise on the above, thanks
latenight is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight View Post
ok so i had a go at this last night,

i have nike boots and hear they are usually longer then any other boot.

so I managed to put them so they have equal heel and toe.

I put it on the middle setting on the heel and the toe bit on the most forward setting.

but i could also put the heel on the furthest outer setting and the front base on the middle section.

either way the boot sits in the middle.

does it matter which variation?

with the toe cap, how do most people ride? Extremo what is the frustration with riders?

i think i would like it to sit above rather then at the end.

if anyone could advise on the above, thanks
As long as there is equal heel and toe overhang off of the board you're good to go. You want the leverage to be the same over both edges.

With the toe cap it's a matter of personal preference. I personally ride the cap in the outermost slot so it sits more over the top of my boot. It offers more response than with it in the capped position.

People were having a hard time when they had the strap in the outermost position and expected it to sit like a cap. If you want it to cap forward it needs to come from an angle further back into the binding. Try both to see what you prefer more.
Extremo is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks!

ill upload a picture tonight, if you could let me know if it all looks right that would be much appreciated.

the only thing that doesn't happen, from watching the video is that the ankle strap doesn't tighten enough to leave just a inch on the ladder thing as advised by the setup guy.

im thinking this is to do with the nike boot being quite chunky.
latenight is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome