Union Force Binding Problems - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
crash77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm truly enjoying this, but how can you guys argue/debate personal preference? If someone wants to learn how to snowboard in top level gear or if someone can shred their ass off and gear is not a priority, why does it matter? In the end, both parties seem to enjoy themselves, which is why we all do this.

Now carry on...
crash77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Haha... my next question was if you were hammering the jibs lately. That is crazy.
I wish I could say I was but no dice . Oh well. At least you know why I complained so much haha


Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline  
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash77 View Post
I'm truly enjoying this, but how can you guys argue/debate personal preference? If someone wants to learn how to snowboard in top level gear or if someone can shred their ass off and gear is not a priority, why does it matter? In the end, both parties seem to enjoy themselves, which is why we all do this.

Now carry on...
That was my point. I bought what I could afford, and have a lot of fun on it.

I'm not worried about what others are using.
guharon is offline  
post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
crash77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guharon View Post
That was my point. I bought what I could afford, and have a lot of fun on it.

I'm not worried about what others are using.
I don't think the gear you wear in addition your skill level has any correlation with someone being a tool/poser or whatever the new slang is these days.

I think someone who is constantly telling tall tales of how they shred/carved up the mountain and is catching wicked air when they can barely make it off of the lift would be a better qualification as a tool/poser or whatever the new slang is these days.

But what do I know.
crash77 is offline  
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
I wish I could say I was but no dice . Oh well. At least you know why I complained so much haha
What did you end up replacing them with?
Extremo is offline  
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Senior Member
 
triumph.man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you are right crash, and that's not what my intention of it was. it's about all let's just say "beginners" complaining that they pay top dollar for equipment and it doesn't hold up. snowboarders should understand that their equipment is gonna get dinged up.

my real point in that statement is stop worrying about cosmetic things (how you look, what kind of board you have, what googles you have) and just ride, and stop worrying about minor things
triumph.man is offline  
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
you are right crash, and that's not what my intention of it was. it's about all let's just say "beginners" complaining that they pay top dollar for equipment and it doesn't hold up. snowboarders should understand that their equipment is gonna get dinged up.

my real point in that statement is stop worrying about cosmetic things (how you look, what kind of board you have, what googles you have) and just ride, and stop worrying about minor things

I agree with this post.
guharon is offline  
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is this even a thread? I have 2 pairs of union forces, both of which I don't have this issue on.

OP says he pays $300 for a pair of forces when they're $200 new.

Who even gives a slight shit if you lose a tiny little square? I didn't even know I had one until you said it.

I understand you pay for something, you want it to look nice and all, just glue it back on and never worry about it again, as for the square, get over it.
Lealzzyy is offline  
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
What did you end up replacing them with?
I got a really good deal on some 2013 Restricted ReFlex Cartels.. I'm in love with them honestly. Paid less for them brand bew than the Forces too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lealzzyy View Post
is this even a thread? I have 2 pairs of union forces, both of which I don't have this issue on.

OP says he pays $300 for a pair of forces when they're $200 new.

Who even gives a slight shit if you lose a tiny little square? I didn't even know I had one until you said it.

I understand you pay for something, you want it to look nice and all, just glue it back on and never worry about it again, as for the square, get over it.
You miss the point entirely


Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline  
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
crash77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
you are right crash, and that's not what my intention of it was. it's about all let's just say "beginners" complaining that they pay top dollar for equipment and it doesn't hold up. snowboarders should understand that their equipment is gonna get dinged up.

my real point in that statement is stop worrying about cosmetic things (how you look, what kind of board you have, what googles you have) and just ride, and stop worrying about minor things
I get it. I do think there is reasonable expectation when making certain purchase. However, due to so many on hill variables, such as rocks, rails, trees, SKIERS, etc and the abuse boards, bindings, and boots take due to the nature of the sport, most of this should be expected. And I will say that I believe, if contacted, most companies will look out for you.

except for Ride maybe...
crash77 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome