Okay. I actually called backcountry and they sent out a brand new set of bindings. I just replaced the rachets, but I left the vinyl on. I haven't been out again since I made this fix. I tried spraying some water on the ladders and they hold tight. I hope it will hold up with snow/throwing the board around.
Sounds like even with the new n.a.s.t.y. tech, some refinements/tweaks are needed. My apprehension with these bindings are there seem to be so many moving parts that rely on each other to operate smoothly for the whole package to come together.
It's really not as bad as it sounds. The technology is well thought out and it works. The only issue I've had is with the rachet.
I spent the greater part of 2 hours today setting up my Rome 390 Bosses on another board. Now that's a binding with a lot of parts.
So I've heard. I started to include the Rome bindings as an example for the moving parts bit.
Don't get me wrong, every time I go to the hill and I'm on my 7-8hr, I see someone stepping into their flows and I say to myself "I gotta get some flows!"
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and if they are not my cup of tea...so be it, but they're worth a try. I'm just figuring out wether I want to go with the top tier Se's or the Fuse-GT, which are just about the same except for the baseplate and heelcup on the GT's are nylon and not aluminum alloy like the Se's.