Best soft/medium park binding? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 102
Default Best soft/medium park binding?

Hey guys, so I decided that i wanted to build a more park oriented board set up. I have been riding a Lib Tech T.Rice with some Cartels and although I love the set up I really wanted a more flexible/playful set up for those park days. I got a Lobster Park board mainly cause I wanted to support the Helgasons and really wanted to try out TBT. Now I am looking for a little bit softer binding for more tweakablity and playfulness. Now this will be my park setup and I want a park/freestyle oriented binding. I hit mostly kickers but do a few rails and jibs whenever they are there so I dont want something too soft. I have been looking at a few different binding and this is what I came up with.

Ride Maestro and Rodeo
Burton Malavitas
Flux DMCC Light and DS30
Possibly Switchback Halldor Pros
Union Contact

Now I am looking for something just a bit softer than the Cartels and on a scale of 1-10 something around a 4 at the least and a 6 at the most, preferably around a 5. Both the Rides and the Malavitas seem like the best choice for me but I've been hearing good stuff about Flux too. I just want to get yalls opinion on these binding and personal views. Please don't comment unless you have personal experience riding a pair of these. But yea what do you guys think of the Maestro and Rodeos? Are they a fun, flexy, playful freestyle park binding like they are made out to be? And what about the Fluxs? Anyways thanks a ton for the info
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 384
Default

I don't really like Ride for park bindings since their baseplate is aluminum and really stiff. Burton Malavitas will be a really nice mid flexing binding. DMCC Light is an excellent mid flexing binding as well, pretty expensive if I remember correctly though. Contact is a good soft flexing park binding. I would also consider looking at the Raiden Zero bindings. Excellent mid-soft binding.

Personally I would rank what you have listed:
1) Flux DMCC Light
2) Burton Malavita
3) Flux DS30
4) Union Contact
5) Ride Maestro
6) Ride Rodeo

I haven't heard of the Switchback Halldor Pro bindings before. I would probably put the Raiden Zeros betwee the Malavitas and DS30s.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,326
Default

I'd vote for the Switchbacks or DMCC Lights for that deck personally, from your list. Ideally I'd say get Salomon Holograms. Soft side to side for park but still super responsive. Other than my Flows which are on my Rush, those are what I ride.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley View Post
Now I am looking for something just a bit softer than the Cartels and on a scale of 1-10 something around a 4 at the least and a 6 at the most, preferably around a 5. Both the Rides and the Malavitas seem like the best choice for me but I've been hearing good stuff about Flux too. I just want to get yalls opinion on these binding and personal views. Please don't comment unless you have personal experience riding a pair of these. But yea what do you guys think of the Maestro and Rodeos? Are they a fun, flexy, playful freestyle park binding like they are made out to be? And what about the Fluxs? Anyways thanks a ton for the info
I have this year's malavitas (restricted) and they definitely are not what I would call soft/flexy. I'd say med-stiff. Some say they are stiffer than the cartels this year, although I have not ridden the cartels.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I'd vote for the Switchbacks or DMCC Lights for that deck personally, from your list. Ideally I'd say get Salomon Holograms. Soft side to side for park but still super responsive. Other than my Flows which are on my Rush, those are what I ride.
Awesome sounds good. Have you ridden the switchbacks? How are they and are they worth the 250 bucks? what about the normal version of the switchbacks? And thanks for the reply ill give those solomans a check out!
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
I have this year's malavitas (restricted) and they definitely are not what I would call soft/flexy. I'd say med-stiff. Some say they are stiffer than the cartels this year, although I have not ridden the cartels.
The restricteds arethe winged back correct? I believe those are a stiffer binding than the normal version. Those ones were a little softer than my cartels but i'd still prefer a little bit softer but i'm still considering it. But yea thanks for the reply!
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,340
Default

I vote contact pro. Even though the baseplate is carbon infused it's still pretty flexy because of the limited board contact.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley View Post
The restricteds arethe winged back correct? I believe those are a stiffer binding than the normal version. Those ones were a little softer than my cartels but i'd still prefer a little bit softer but i'm still considering it. But yea thanks for the reply!
Yes, they have the winged backs and that's what probably makes them a little stiffer/more responsive. Great binding but probably not what you are after.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley View Post
Awesome sounds good. Have you ridden the switchbacks? How are they and are they worth the 250 bucks? what about the normal version of the switchbacks? And thanks for the reply ill give those solomans a check out!
When I rode them I kinda just figured they'd be worth the price if they were bomb proof. So far from all the dudes I know rockin em they have been. One is park crew at Breck. So at this point I'd say yes. And one nice thing if anything does ever break, completely tool less. They have a lot of ride adjustability too. It's a product I back.

I have only ridden the Standards. The wings would be rad, rock em on the inside.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 102
Default

why would you want the wings on the inside?
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bindings, burton, freestyle, park, ride

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums